UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DDM/uCMDB 8.01 - How does DDM recognize a primary IP on a host?

Advisor

DDM/uCMDB 8.01 - How does DDM recognize a primary IP on a host?

[ Edited ]

I have DDM/uCMDB 8.01 installed.
DDM discovers a host with 8 ip addresses. Out of the 8 ips, how does DDM recognize only one IP as the primary IP of the host?

How can I create a view/report to show only the primary IP of the host and ignore the rest?
Thanks

P.S. This thread has beenmoevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp ForumModerator

8 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: DDM/uCMDB 8.01 - How does DDM recognize a primary IP on a host?

Would this not be the IP address of the interface configured with a default gateway?
Advisor

Correct. But how do I create a view to shoq only this IP and filter out rest? If a view is not possible, maybe a topology report?
Esteemed Contributor

Hi ,

I think you have to go to the enrichment role using TQL

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
Respected Contributor

Hello, you would need to restrict your view the same way as normal. I.e. restrict the Ip network resource by right clicking on the IP CI type in the view>Node Properties, then restricting the view to the interface you want.
Advisor

Hi Ben,
How do I choose the correct primary IP if there are many such hosts with multiple IPs?

Thanks
-Anand
Respected Contributor

Ah yes I think I understand your problem better, although I am not sure this would be easy to fix! You could extend the CI class model for the CI Type IP, and add an attribute say 'isPrimaryIP' and then run an enrichment rule which updates that field to true for the relevant IP, however you would need a list of all the primary IP's first.
Advisor

Thank you Ben.
I was thinking on the same lines. However was trying to find if there is any other way of doing this.

-Anand
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

From my observations, I see that if the IP DNS Name of an IP is same as the Host Name of that host, then this IP is the primary IP. Try to ping the host by host name and check, you will see the same IP being pinged. This IP will be the primary IP for that host.

Hope this helps.

Anand
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event