UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data Flow Probe JOB warnings

Valued Contributor

Data Flow Probe JOB warnings

Hello,

I have 20 warnings generated by the Data Flow Management job (query).

Here are the first five warnings for your review.

The other 15  are very similar.

Error processing results: Results contain CIs with missing reconciliation rules. For details please check cmdb.reconciliation.log. The following CIs were discarded: From Class [usage] 2 CIs were  ignored due to Not enough identification information; From Class [business_application] 2 CIs were  ignored due to Not enough identification information; 

Warning processing results: Results contain ignored CIs. For details please check cmdb.reconciliation.log. The following CIs were ignored: From Class [nt] 1 CIs were  ignored due to Reference CI Mapped to more than one existing CI; From Class [usage] 2638 CIs were  ignored due to Link with ignored end; From Class [containment] 4 CIs were  ignored due to Link with ignored end; From Class [business_application] 29 CIs were  ignored due to Reference CI Mapped to more than one existing CI; 

Warning processing results: Results contain ignored CIs. For details please check cmdb.reconciliation.log. The following CIs were ignored: From Class [usage] 39 CIs were  ignored due to Link with ignored end; From Class [business_application] 8 CIs were  ignored due to Reference CI Mapped to more than one existing CI; 

Warning processing results: Results contain ignored CIs. For details please check cmdb.reconciliation.log. The following CIs were ignored: From Class [usage] 386 CIs were  ignored due to Link with ignored end; From Class [business_application] 7 CIs were  ignored due to Reference CI Mapped to more than one existing CI; 

Warning processing results: Results contain ignored CIs. For details please check cmdb.reconciliation.log. The following CIs were ignored: From Class [usage] 118 CIs were  ignored due to Link with ignored end; From Class [business_application] 18 CIs were  ignored due to Reference CI Mapped to more than one existing CI; 

Can you tell me what this means or what I need to do to resolve these warnings?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TEX2020

Tex2020
13 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Data Flow Probe JOB warnings

THere is no point to check the error message separately from the situation.

We'll need to know following:

- what UCMDB version including CUP + Content Pack including Updates you are running

- what jobs are generating those errors

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Valued Contributor

Dima,

Here are the answers to your questions below:

HP uCMDB 9.05 CUP 13.396

DDM Content Pack 10.01.487

Just the one job is being ran from the BSM for the query BSM_POPULATION_QUERY.

Thanks

Tex2020
HPE Expert

What your plans for discovery are?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Valued Contributor

Dima,

I think I understand your question so here what I can say on the discovery:

The ucmdb - dfp pulls using that job query into rtsm/bsm for the node data for OMi events.

Do you need mroe information than that?

Thanks

Tex2020
HPE Expert

To make integration between BSM (actually UCMDB/ODB/RTSM) and UCMDB happens you have to have OTTB identifications in place.

My suggestion to add your key attribute asset number attribute and populate the data.

What application you're taking data from? 

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Valued Contributor

Dima,

Were are getting the data from ucmdb. The job runs and pulls data from ucmdb (node,ci's, ip's, etc...) then into the rtsm/bsm. 

What does the acronym OTTB stand for?

Thanks,

Tex2020
HPE Expert

OTTB stand for Out of the box, means provided by HP.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Valued Contributor

Dima,

So what would be my solution to resovle these warnings?

Do I need to Go to the job --> Edit Adapter --> Adapter Configuration tab --> Uncheck check box Fail entire bulks due to invalid CIs?

or

Clear probe results cache: Go to the discovery job, deactivate it, right click and clear probe result cache and reactivate the job.

Do you have any ideas for me?

Thanks again!

Tex2020
HPE Expert

There is no quick wins. Sorry. 

Failing to insert some CIs is normal. For example sending the same CI multiple time in the same bulk could cause such error messages. To understand reconciliation cases we'll need to see logs. Many logs. My suggestion is to open case.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Valued Contributor

Dima,

Ok thank you.

I will open case with HP on this issue and will udpate this Post with findings and case number.

Thanks again.

Tex2020
Acclaimed Contributor

>OTTB stand for Out of the box

Are you sure that's not OOTB?  :-)

HPE Expert

Thanks for correcting me. Was using for a long time without knowing.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Occasional Visitor

i had installed bpm in a location and made all the configurations to BSM. And also, i had added the profiles that i want to monitor in this probe .

Now how can i make the data to flow from all the profiles to this location?

please help

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event