UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data dict for HP UD 10.10

Frequent Advisor

Data dict for HP UD 10.10

Hi,

I am using HP UD 10.10

Please can anyone direct me to a link where I can get the Data Dict for UCMDB. I want to know the table names and the fields present with their descriptions.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Data dict for HP UD 10.10

Please be aware that internal DB structure isn't flat, so you can't retrive let's say all attributes for specifc CI from one table.

In addition, I'd like to point your attention to fact, that direct update of DB isn't supported and most probably will cause system inconsistency.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Frequent Advisor

Hi Dima,

Thanks for the reply.

We will not be doing any update on the database from the back-end. We require this document for reference purpose which will help us during third party integrations.

Thanks in advance.

HPE Expert

My suggestion  is to use well QAed and supported methods. You could retrieve any data saved in UCMDB by API. The easiest way to go is web services. All explained in developer reference.

Another approach is to use DB push adapter, which will populate CIs from UCMDB into DB (could be third party app DB or just buffer for your integration).

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event