UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete Relationship between two CIs

Advisor

Delete Relationship between two CIs

Hi All,

I need to delete the relationship between two CIs. What i am doing is going to the IT Universe selecting the relationship that i want to delete (after searching for the node and BA and want to delete the relationship i.e containment in this case ) Right click and choosing the delete option over there. But it is not working as there is no display message is showing over on that and relationship still remain the same.

And another thing

If i Do this will it affect the other CI which is connected to the BA.

For example 1 BA is connected to the 8 machine if i delete the one will it affect the other 7.

5 REPLIES

Re: Delete Relationship between two CIs

How was this relationship created? If the relationship was created through a pattern or instance based model you will need to modify the model to not include this. When the model re-runs it will re-create the relationship if you deleted it manually, this is why you need to change the model.

Established Member

If you just delete one of the relationships it doesn't delete the others and if you delete the BA itself then all the relationships would be gone. Try checking if you have enough privileges to delete the relationships.

Frequent Advisor

Best way is to create an enrichment to delete the relationships.

The same enrichment can be used again and again. :)

Advisor

Hi Chris Tessie,

I manually created this relationship. I tried to delete them but with the others relation also got deleted.

Occasional Advisor

Hi,

How dit you delete the relationship? If you only select the relation between the BA and the CI it will only delete that single relationship.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event