UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Difference bwetween Intgration service and uCMDB service

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Occasional Advisor

Difference bwetween Intgration service and uCMDB service

Hi All

Would some one explain what is the difference between Integration services and UCMDB servers. When started Integration servers what would be the changes happening to ucmdb.

snap attached

6 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Difference bwetween Intgration service and uCMDB service

Hi ,

Put in Simple words Integration Service from UCMDB meant for Non Jython based intergation where you dont need a Probe to be installed for this ,few example would be AM integration ,SM integration or i think even UCMDB to UCMDB intergaration,So it cannot co exisit with Probe so if you have UCMDB application installed with Probe on same machine (not recommended though) please turn of the Integration Service .

Coming back UCMDB Server service its your App Server the One which is handling your configuration management system

Hope this Helps

Cheer :)

Occasional Advisor

To add here, May I know why cant we have umcbd server and probe in one machine ?

HPE Expert

It's not supported.

The main reason is performance. Both probe and UCMDB server is high CPU consuming applications. At the same time the probe during dicovery cycle opening thousands of connection. In addition, the probe is using locally installed DB.

To summarize, you could try installing the probe and UCMDB server on the same machine for POC. But production couldn't run in the same way. Please be sure to turn Integration Service off before installation of the probe. They couldn't co-exist.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

I have one query regarding exporting list of errors in excel.

We have 807 IP having errors 'Invalid username and passowrd'. I need to download/export list of all 807 servers and send to the security team for access privilages. Can any one suggest how can I export the list in export file.

(snap attached below)

Trusted Contributor

Check the Discovery Errors Report under Custom Report - Discovery Status.

Run it for last day or any other interval and export to CSV or XLS.

XLS has the advantage that you can immediately filter on discovery job, severity and error summary.

Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the info.

I have a issue again with node details missing in discovery error report.

Would you please check how can I get node details back reflected in report.

(attached file)

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event