UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Discovering Alias Host in UCMDB

Frequent Advisor

Discovering Alias Host in UCMDB

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I have UCMDB V8.07 and trying to discover some servers.The issue is that the solaris server is configured in such a way that it has two IP's and has one hostname and alias. We want that UCMDB should discover this alias name as well, but on UCMDB discovery the secondary IP attaches itself to primary hostname instead of the Alias.

Is there any way to discover these? We need OMI to show alerts on this Alias as well and hence discovering it is important in UCMDB.

-Thanks in Advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

1 REPLY
Neighborhood Admin

Re: Discovering Alias Host in UCMDB

Don't know if you know but we have created a number of support customer forums that are being monitored and moderate by experience HP Support Engineers, as an extra service for those customers who have a valid support contract. One of these forums is for UCMDB.

These forums will only be accessible to those customers who have a valid support contract.

For more information on how to get access to these forums please see:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/News/Support-Customer-Forums-now-available/m-p/5610181#U5610181 

IMPORTANT: You need to have a valid support contract tied to your HP Passport profile in order to access this forum. See the link I provide above on the support customer forums for more details. 

If you have any questions please let me know.

Greetings,

Bill

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event