UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Discovery using "Class C IPs by ICMP "

Advisor

Discovery using "Class C IPs by ICMP "

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Am a new-bie to UCMDB and in the process of performing a discovery based on "Class C IPs by ICMP" under the network Discovery ,Advanced mode.

My Query:

1. Do I need to define a Class C Ip Range in the Data Flow Probe Setup in order to enable the above discovery?

2 .What if I don't have a class C IP Range in my environment?Is it still possible to achieve my requirement?

Also I find that the  "Class C IPs by ICMP" discovery job suggests :

Input CI type : IpSubnet 

Required Protocols : None

Can you please suggest how to move forward in making the desired discovery possible?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Fruity

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Discovery using "Class C IPs by ICMP "

You need to input the IP range and run the job for ICMP through discovery control panel. There should be an OOTB discovery job for Class C IP discovery

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Advisor

Thanks for your reply Sujith:)!!

I can understand to perform task by ICMP..But what about Class C IPs by ICMP???

But what if I dont have any OOTB IP that belong to Class C Range?Can't I perform the required discovery?

Also,Can you brief about the Class C subnet that can be used?

Cheers,

Fruity

Trusted Contributor

If you don't have class C IP's in your environment then why do you want to run this job?

Instead use "Range IPs by ICMP" Job to discover these IPs.

Class A 1.0.0.1 to 126.255.255.254

Class B 128.1.0.1 to 191.255.255.254

Class C192.0.1.1 to 223.255.254.254

Make sure the IPs you are trying to discover are entered in DFM Probe via "DFM>DFP Setup>Credentials"

Start by adding 1 IP adress and discover it, once you are comfortable with the discovery then enter a range.

Hope this helps:)

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for ur input Puneet!!..But guess I was working on possibilities of tracking the "Class C IP's by ICMP" if the environment doesn't support.Any chances if so....

Cheers,

Fruity

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event