UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Enrichment Rule Question

Advisor

Enrichment Rule Question

Hi All,

Quick question, is it possible to use an Enrichment rule to count a list of strings contained within an attribute of a CI?

If so how is this done as I'm not seeing how this can be done at present.

Thanks,

Dave

2 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Enrichment Rule Question

Dave,

I'm not sure what's being asked here.  Are you looking to count the different distinct values entered for an attribute across all records for a particular CI type in the database?  For example, are you trying to find all the possible DiscoveredOsName values for all Computer CIs you have in UCMDB?  If so, this is something that would be quite easily accomplished if you go straight to the database with a SQL query.

If I haven't understood this correctly, could you clarify?

Advisor

Re: Enrichment Rule Question

Basically we have an attribute in Business Application that holds information to do with servers that make up a Business App but have not actually been discovered. This Attribute is a list of strings and is updated either by nodes being added or removed depending on if they have been discovered and an enrichment rule ran.

I'd prefer to be able to count the entries in that attribute and then report the count say either in a report or put into another attribute for Business Application. Either way doesn't bother me too much I'd just like to produce a count of the list of strings held in that attribute.

Thanks,

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event