UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Feed BAC's CMDB throught a XML File

Valued Contributor

Feed BAC's CMDB throught a XML File

[ Edited ]

Hello there!!!!!

I'm trying to define a new source adapter for BAC. The adapter will take data from a XML file, that is, a service tree definition generated with other application. I need to define the CITs and the KPIs attached to them. I have been reading the CMDB modeling manual, but I want to know if anyone of you have done this before and how can I do it (any comment will be appreciated). Many thanks in advance. Regards,

David.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES

Re: Feed BAC's CMDB throught a XML File

Hello, David

Is there any specific question/issue you'd like to address? CMDB manual covers it pretty good.

-sa
-sa
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The problem is that I haven't a test environment to try the integration, so I'm limited to read the manual. I know that I have to define the CITs when deploying the adapter, and create and attach several custom KPIs, but I have a doubt: Could I take the value of the KPIs from values given in the XML file used to build the adapter? Have you got any examples of how to build an adapter? Many thanks in advance. Regards,

David,
Honored Contributor

I would suggest to take a look at the XML files for the existing source adapters such as Sitescope, BPM etc. These pretty much do the same as you intend i.e value from KPIs etc. You can access these XMLs by doing an edit on the Source adapters under Admin -> UCMDB.

--Amit
Valued Contributor

Many thanks Amit,

I will check the default adapter files. Regards,

David.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event