UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP UCMDB 9.x GENERATE DIRECT LINK FUCNTIONALITY ISSUE

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Valued Contributor

HP UCMDB 9.x GENERATE DIRECT LINK FUCNTIONALITY ISSUE

Hi Folks ,

We are trying to embed our HP UCMDB 9.03 CUP 6 DIRECT CAPABILTY in our internal website where users will try to access the link which display only the CI topology from dependency perspective ,the tool DIECT GENERATION works perfectly fine but it expects the USERNAME and PASSWORD which we added to direct Session to be  open before it actually opens the application  completly to user ,Please note we have configured BSF/LDAP Authentication in our environment so we do not want user to enter user name and pasword each time when they try to access the link ,Is there possible work around to overcome this issue ,As Evaluation point of view we have installed HP UCMDB 10.01 in testing environment and it works fine without even being logged into system session it opens the link within our environment anywhere .

Could any one suggest what would be the best approach to HP UCMDB direct Link generated which will take USERNAME and Password (encrypted using JMX method available in the tool) and authenticated with BSF/LDAP

Any suggestion would be a Great Help

Thanks n regards

:)

5 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: HP UCMDB 9.x GENERATE DIRECT LINK FUCNTIONALITY ISSUE

I'm sorry it's not clear if you already aware regarding implementing of username and pass into link. Check the link below.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/CMS-and-Discovery-Support-and/Direct-link-to-a-report-without-authentication/m-p/6244285#M1773

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Valued Contributor

Hi Dima

thanks for your reply ,Yes i have refered the link this works Fine in HP UCMDB 10.01 Version which we are yet to updagrade in our Prod environment .

But Problem Lies in current existing System HP UCMDB 9.03 ,I have Generated a Direct Link for CI search and added paramaeters as mentioned in the link referred by you ,it works only when a Session from supplied UserName and Password is Open otherwise it doesn't even reach Login Page it just throws Logout Error .

Please note we are trying to implement a DirectLink to HP UCMDB tool  with BSF/LDAP authentication capability ,Just like what you have mentioned in earlier Post it should take User name and Password with BSF/LDAP settings and let user through without asking authentication. 

Is there any settings which i need to verify from API perspective ? or Infrastructure Perspective

Please let me know whether i need to Send any Further details

Thanks in Advance

HPE Expert

When session exists you're connecting with LW-SSO cookie and not with provided credentials, as I see it.

Please notice that format of APIs i sa bit different between 9 and 10.

I'd also ask you to chack that latest CUP is installed on your 9.03 environment http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1279696 .

As a side note, it's highly recommended to install latest service pack for 9.X product  line and install the latest CUP on it.

There are hundreeds of defect fixed between 9.03 and 9.05.

9.05 service pack -> http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1347325

9.05 CUP 14 -> http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00661078

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Valued Contributor

Hi Dima ,

Noted with Much Appreciation I am Currently exercising this in DEV Environment Will Keep you posted on results

Valued Contributor

Hi Dima ,

CUP 8 is the Fix from HP UCMDB 9.03 ,You are right we need to Upgrade our system to 9.05 with CUP 14 which brings much higher stability to environment

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event