UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP uCMDB 9.05 Discovery Job DNS Resolver Not Disocvering all the Hosts Name

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Valued Contributor

HP uCMDB 9.05 Discovery Job DNS Resolver Not Disocvering all the Hosts Name

Hi All ,

We have recently started Hp uCMDB 9.05 CUP 11 Discovery Activity ,as expected we started off with Ranges By ICMP and then Moved ahead with plan to run DNS Resolver but this particular Job doesnt seem to resolve all the Hosts Names which is in Probe IP ranges ,Could any specifically help me to understand the prerequisite Jobs we need to run (i assume none).

Thanks in Advance

5 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: HP uCMDB 9.05 Discovery Job DNS Resolver Not Disocvering all the Hosts Name

Hi,

To get understanding what needed to run specific job you could check the trigger TQL. Please check attached screenshot with trigger TQL for DNS Resolver job. As you can see, it requires Host connected to IP.

To create Host you need to run "Host Connection by ..." jobs. After that DNS resolver could change hostname attribute to FQDN.

Hope this helps. 

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Valued Contributor

Hi Dima ,

Thanks a Ton for this Information It helps a Lot :)

HPE Expert

As additional help I'd like to show how to find jobs populating specific CIT.

Please check attached screenshot.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Valued Contributor

Hi Dima ,

thanks In Advance :)

Our General Perception toward discovery was to follow a Jobs Hierarchy starting from Ranges by ICMP (Ping Sweep).Post this we did try to Run Host Connections By SNMP Job which finished with warning Message Connection failed , but it did recored with IT CI's with Related Hosts ,Post this We tried to Run DNS resolver Targeting the One Resolved Related Hosts this is when we had issue when Job returned with no results and Stuck in UI forever so my question are Below .

1.Do we need to Run HP Connection by SNMP/SHELL/WMI in any hierarchy ?

2.If we have to then Does HP Recommends any Dicovery Jobs Hierarchy as a indusctry Standards ?

I apologise if i had asked too many questions in 1 query :)

HPE Expert

[ Edited ]

No worries. That's a place for questions and we're here to help.

There are two modes of Discovery Control Panel - Basic and Advanced. I suggest to start from Basic mode.

It contains set of Wizards that will run set of Discovery Jobs. You will see the jobs running in advance mode (true statement for 9.X only).

My suggestion is to run Infrastructure Discovery Wizard. This will provide you with host discovered with basic topology (Disks, CPUs, Memory, Users, software running).

You could start your jorney from this point and then add new discovery jobs to the run cycle for deep discovery of specific applications or IT infrastructure.

To your questions:

1. Yes. And you want this job keep running to show the recent state of your IT area. Adding new hosts, decommission, moving, transformation - that are some of reasons...

2. Discovery Wizards, described above, are HP answer for it.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event