UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP uCMDB - Discovery warning during processing results

Regular Advisor

HP uCMDB - Discovery warning during processing results

Hello,

I've been running the "Host Resources and Applications by WMI" package on uCMDB 9.05. There are quite a few warnings which I'm trying to understand. This could help me fix the issue and make sure the next run goes smooth.

Can someone share their expertise on the subject please.

<< Progress message, Severity: Warning>>
Warning during processing results: Bulk contains ignored CIs that were filtered by the probe. In order to resend all objects reported by this trigger CI, please clear jobs results cache. For details please check cmdb.reconciliation.log.

Detected multiple updates in bulk - found attribute: service_operatingstatus on current CIT: windows_service with value: Running that is different from the existing value: Stopped - ignoring new value

Please find the attached cmdb.reconciliation.log

8 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP uCMDB - Discovery warning during processing results

It means, there are few CIs whcih are contradicting each other and hence being ignored by ucmdb.

This is the reason, why we are getting that error. It is indication to the ucmdb user that there are few CIs are not in the required format and with less information.

Regular Advisor

Hi Bravi,

I appreciate your response.

I have two things in mind:

1: I thought clearing the probe cache before starting a discovery job would fix this, but it doesn't seem like it.

2: We're working with three probes right now and the IP-ranges between these probes are being moved constantly to balance the triggered CI count. So, do you think this could be a possible reason why we're seeing these warnings ?

Or, how would you go about solving this issue.

Kindly oblige.

Occasional Visitor

Hi Bravi,

I am facing the same issue,If you got the solution kindly help to resolve this.

Thanks

Priyanka

Occasional Visitor

is there any exact solution about this??

Regular Advisor

Hello,

It's been a while since I followed up on this thread. So a quick recap on the below warning;

Warning during processing results: Bulk contains ignored CIs that were filtered by the probe. In order to resend all objects reported by this trigger CI, please clear jobs results cache. For details please check cmdb.reconciliation.log.

I feel we could fix the "Bulk Ignored CIs" warning by implementing the below mentioned setting.

Fail entire bulks due to invalid CIs: If a set of objects (for example, 1,000 objects) includes even one invalid CI (for example, a node cannot be identified because of missing topological information), the reconciliation engine drops the entire set and does not send it to the CMDB. This is the default behavior.

Solution:

Clear the check box to have the results sent to the CMDB with only the invalid CIs (and their topology) dropped from the results. In the above example, 999 objects would be processed. UCMDB displays an error message when you view the results.

i.e.,

1: Go to the job --> Edit Adapter --> Adapter Configuration tab --> Uncheck Fail entire bulks due to invalid CIs

2: Other thing that would help: Clear probe results cache: Go to the discovery job, deactivate it, right click and clear probe result cache and reactivate the job.

I've been doing the Option 2 quite often but it doesn't really seem to be solving a lot of such warnings. I'm still figuring out the possible downsides of implementing Option 1. Since we use Service Manager, I need to make sure that it doesn't affect anything.

Any thoughts on this theory will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Praveen

HPE Expert

The option 1 is preferable. The only downside, that 999 CIs from the 1000 bulk will be sent one by one after the fuilure. It potentially will have performance implication, but it should be minor...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

Has one any got the solution for it.

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
Error processing results of discovery adapter, details Some Error occurred when processing Redundant results:
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.resultprocess.ResultProcessDBRedundant$UpdateResultsFilter.filterResultsBulk(ResultProcessDBRedundant.java:322)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.resultprocess.AbstractResultProcessRedundant.handleResults(AbstractResultProcessRedundant.java:195)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.resultprocess.ResultProcessDBRedundant.internalDoProcess(ResultProcessDBRedundant.java:145)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.resultprocess.AbstractResultProcessRedundant.doProcess(AbstractResultProcessRedundant.java:101)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.resultprocess.ResultProcess.process(ResultProcess.java:23)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.resultprocess.ResultProcessChain.doProcess(ResultProcessChain.java:53)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.discoveryscheduler.ResultSenderImpl.processResult(ResultSenderImpl.java:191)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.discoveryscheduler.ResultSenderImpl.processResults(ResultSenderImpl.java:141)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.discoveryscheduler.ResultSenderImpl.processResults(ResultSenderImpl.java:119)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.services.dynamic.core.DynamicService.discover(DynamicService.java:83)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskexecuter.JobExecuter.launchTask(JobExecuter.java:1206)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskexecuter.JobExecuter$JobExecuterWorker.launchAndIsProbeRestarting(JobExecuter.java:953)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskexecuter.JobExecuter$JobExecuterWorker.executeTask(JobExecuter.java:869)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskexecuter.JobExecuter$JobExecuterWorker.run(JobExecuter.java:729)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Some Error occurred when save processing Redundant results
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.resultprocess.ResultProcessDBRedundant$UpdateResultsFilter.filterResultsBulk(ResultProcessDBRedundant.java:292)
... 13 more

Any update by anyone....

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event