UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HPSM Enhanced adapter won't connect

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Valued Contributor

HPSM Enhanced adapter won't connect

We're using UCMDB 10.20 and connecting to HPSM 9.40.  When I try to set up an Integration Point using the ServiceManagerEnhancedAdapter9-x adapter, and try the Test Connection button, I get a rather useless generic error message:

com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.request.ProbeSideProcessorException: [ErrorCode [802] General
Integration Error{SM_940_Enh}]
test connection of connector failed!

--- Start of probe-side exception
---
com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.fcmdb.dataAccess.exception.AdapterAccessGeneralException: [ErrorCode
[802] General Integration Error{SM_940_Enh}]
test connection of connector failed!

However, when we use the older ServiceManagerAdapter9-x adapter (I know, it's only for SM 9.3x or earlier) it connects just fine.  Both adapters use the exact same connection parameters and attempt to connect to the exact same SM host server.  Any thoughts on why the older adapter works, but the newer one we should be using doesn't?  Any ideas where I could be looking for an underlying cause?

1 REPLY
Valued Contributor

Re: HPSM Enhanced adapter won't connect

I found the problem.  I knew it had to be something fundamental.

I created my integration user operator account in SM by copying the falcon account.  I made the mistake of assuming that the falcon account would have the RESTful API capability word attached as well as the SOAP API capability word.  The older adapter uses the SOAP APIs where the Enhanced adapter uses RESTful.

Once I added the RESTful capability word to the integration user, the adapter connected right away.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event