UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Host Connection by SNMP OID List

Valued Contributor

Host Connection by SNMP OID List

We've got the following warning for Host Connection by SNMP:

No host class defined for oid: '1.3.6.1.4.1.2684.1.1'. Please add a corresponding rule, with the class type as its output to the rule engine.
SNMP description: "Videoconferencing Device"

I check our oid list and the OID above have already been added to the file:

<oidToHostClass class="netdevice" vendor="Polycom" description="Video Conferencing Device" oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.2684.1.1"/>

Any Idea?

4 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Host Connection by SNMP OID List

try to run the clearProbe.data once, so that we can make sure that oidTohost.xml file is updated and probe has taken this.

It should work, by the way which version of ucmdb you are having.

Valued Contributor

UCMDB 9.05 CUP3 with CP 11u4

Will try your fix 

Thank you

I have exactly the same problem.

<< Progress message, Severity: Warning>>
No host class defined for oid: '1.3.6.1.4.1.11.5.7.5.1'. Please add a corresponding rule, with the class type as its output to the rule engine.
SNMP description: HP VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-Port Module Virtual Connect 3.70

I have verified there is an OID entry in both of the following files.

\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryConfigFiles\oidToHostClass.xml
<oidToHostClass class="netdevice" vendor="HP" oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.11.5.7.5.1" description="Enet Module" />

\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeManager\discoveryConfigFiles\oidToHostClass.xml 
<oidToHostClass class="netdevice" vendor="HP" oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.11.5.7.5.1" description="Enet Module" />

I have tried clearing the probe cache, restarting the probe and also deleting the corresponding Node CI. The warning still remains.

Any ideas?

I just solved this warning, I added a second line to match the description returned by the error message. So now the files have the following 2 lines.

<oidToHostClass class="netdevice" vendor="HP" oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.11.5.7.5.1" description="HP VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-Port Module Virtual Connect 3.70" />

This resolved the warning.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event