UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Use tnsnames.ora file to find live VIP so federation connect to the live one.

Frequent Advisor

How to Use tnsnames.ora file to find live VIP so federation connect to the live one.

Regards,Kunj

2 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: How to Use tnsnames.ora file to find live VIP so federation connect to the live one.

Please find the explanation from Oracle -> http://docs.oracle.com/html/B14406_01/undrstnd.htm .

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Frequent Advisor

Re: How to Use tnsnames.ora file to find live VIP so federation connect to the live one.

I can find one discovery module named "Oracle TNSName By Shell" which discovers ConfigurationDocument, IpAddress, Node, Oracle, Composition, Containment etc.

If i go to properties i can see parameters file=c:\tmep\tnsnames.ora

But if i go to my ucmdb application server C:\temp i cannot find tnsnames.ora file.

I'm new to ucmdb. can you please guide me on

why we are using this discovery module Oracle TNSName By Shell"

How to use this?

tnsnames.ora is an input file or output file?

Actual requirement is something like:

We have both primary and secondary db servers. Primary servers are always live. Sometimes due to maintenence activity the engineers swith between primary to secondary and make secondary as primary.

in ucmdb some federation tasks are there. in the tql's we configured the IP's. when they switch the servers we need to manually go and change the IP's to successfully run the federation jobs.

How to avoid this outage?

for that i heard we can go with any of these methods

1. Using virtual IP on LB and point the active server
  2. Write script to find alive IP on the back end
  3. Using tnsnames.ora file to find live VIP so federation connect live one.

How to use these above methods?

I was trying with the 3rd one. but i dont know where to start?

Regards,

Kunj

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event