UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to import a file with IP Ranges that needs to be excuded from DDM Discovery V7.0

Advisor

How to import a file with IP Ranges that needs to be excuded from DDM Discovery V7.0

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Desperately needs to find a way to import thousands of IPs that I need to exclude from DDM Discovery. Currently using uCMDB/DDM V7.0

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

2 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: How to import a file with IP Ranges that needs to be excuded from DDM Discovery V7.0

You can try using exportProbeRanges and importProbeRanges methods in JMX console.

As a result of the export operation you'll get an .xml file that you can modify by adding your excluded ranges there. Before exporting you can define 1 excluded range manually to understand the correct syntax for such ranges in the .xml file.

When you are done with the file modifications you can import it.
Advisor

Re: How to import a file with IP Ranges that needs to be excuded from DDM Discovery V7.0

Thx, have tried that.....gives me a "null" error. If I succeed in importing this file will it overide the existing ranges or will it add to it. I just want to add the excluded ranges (about 3300 ip's) to the current range. These ip's don't follow on each other therefore can't specify a range to exclude. Do you perhaps have an example of a xml format for excluding ip ranges on version 7.0 that I can use as a template?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event