UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Modification of data file path in agent deployment job

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

Modification of data file path in agent deployment job

[ Edited ]

Hi Experts,

If anyone can help me out with Modification of data file path in agent  deployment job through UCMDB.

when we deploy agent through ucmdb then it creates two folder.

1) discovery folder  in path /opt/HP --- installable get stored in here

2) .disagent folder which is hidden one   OOB path in $home  -- stored data files

so we want to change .disagent folder from $home to /opt/HP folder for all the linux nodes.

I've modifed agentinstall.sh file in UDagentmanagemnt ..

default :- 

USER_HOME=$home
FILE_PERMS=

Modified :-

USER_HOME=./opt/HP also tired with /opt/HP
FILE_PERMS=

it's right way to do the modification or any other way of changing the path .. please help 

Regards

GOvind Bisht

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht
3 REPLIES
Frequent Advisor

Re: Modification of data file path in agent deployment job

Hi All,

get the DATA directory
DATA_DIR=$HOME/.discagnt
if [ "$ARG_HOME" != "default" ]
then
DATA_DIR=$ARG_HOME/.discagnt
fi

echo "DATA_DIR=$DATA_DIR"

I've set the path (/opt/HP) in the argument but still ./discagnt getting stored in deployment user home directory anyone tried the option to change data dicectory through deployment job?

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht
Frequent Advisor

We also tried to with arg_home in agentinstall.sh file

But still no luck.

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

IHow to Specify Data and Temp Folder Locations when Installing or Updating the Universal Discovery Agent for UNIX

This task describes how to specify the location of data folders and temporary folders when installing and updating the Universal Discovery Agent on UNIX discovery nodes only. This task also applies to migrating DDMI agents to the Universal Discovery Agent.

1. Edit the XML file
  2. Locate the AgentConfigurationbyPlatform.xml file. To do this, choose from the following options:

o Data Flow Management > Universal Discovery > Discovery Modules/Jobs, expand Tools and Samples, expand Universal Discovery Agent Management and select a job. Under the Properties tab select AgentConfigurationbyPlatform.xml and click Edit . The script editor opens.

o Data Flow Management > Adapter Management, expand Universal Discovery Agent Management, expand Configuration Files and select AgentConfigurationbyPlatform.xml. The script editor opens.

1. In the Script Editor, click Find Text to open the Find Text dialog box.

Find the agent-install-data-folder and agent-install-temp-folder parameters. Replace the DEFAULT value with the new value for the parameters you want to modify.

I got help from HP Software support. 

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event