UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NNMi vs TCP Data by Shell/IP Traffic by Network Data

Valued Contributor

NNMi vs TCP Data by Shell/IP Traffic by Network Data

[ Edited ]

I was wondering what the difference is between the NNMi discovery vs TCP Data by Shell/IP Traffic by Network Data discovery jobs. Do I need both? What will each one get me? Differences?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY
Regular Advisor

Re: NNMi vs TCP Data by Shell/IP Traffic by Network Data

I will try and explain as much as i can :)

NNMi Integration: if you are highly interested in impact analysis and you need concrete network devices dependencies, NNMI integration with uCMDB will be your best bet. There are some scenarios where majority of your network devices have been discovered by NNMi and just makes more sense to populate CMDB with such information.

On the other side, TCP Data by Shell just collects information about the existing TCP traffic and does not send any CIs to the CMDB. This means it depends solely on the data on the DFM database and you will need it for your typical infrastructure discovery

IP traffic by network data discovery: simply discover data links between all communicating IPs.

With all these, you are better off running all three :)

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event