UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NTCMD problem probe on win 2012

Contributor

NTCMD problem probe on win 2012

Hi all,
we have completed the upgrade process from 9.05 to 10.20 version of uCMDB.

We have encountered a problem with NTCMD protocol.
In fact the discovery un server X in 9.05 is OK, in 10.20 is in ERROR, but obviously the credentials are the same because migrated by upgrade process.

The difference between 9.05 and 10.20 is that the DataFlowProbes in 9.05 are windows 2008 server and DataFlowProbes 10.20 are in windows 2012.

Is there any configuration I should make on the server?

Please help us.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Giuseppe

giuseppe.de-luca@hp.com

5 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: NTCMD problem probe on win 2012

Please expaling what do you mean by error? can you attached communication log?
Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
Contributor

The error I have is "Access Denied" or "The service did not start due to a logon failure."

I have tried to follow the solution suggested by other posts, I mean the solution to start the services of probe (mgr and gtw) using the same credentials used by uCMDB to do the discovery.
For some target servers this change the problem from ERROR to SUCCESS, but for us is not a real solution, because we should have a probe for each different windows domain of the customer, and the customer has more than 20 windows domain.
I think a solutione has to exist because in win 2008 we didn't have this problem.

Attached you can find the communication log (9.05 and 10.20 of the same server) of Host Connection by shell on a server  windows server 2012 standard.
In 9.05 the HC is OK.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, you can try few things: 1. Try to login from new probe server to server you want to discover using RDP. 2. If you have the password, you can try to enter it again in the DFP Setup and see if it resolves your issue.
Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
Contributor

I have tested and I'm able to access via RDP from probe to target server.
I don't know the password, but I'm sure that is correct, because this password works correctly to discover other windows server.
In fact this problem is not in all windows server, but only for any.

I have found in the attached file, a real message regarding the problem.
Maybe the problem is the file/service HPCmd...

THIS IS a server with ERROR

[INFO ] [MainThread] (ConnectionsPerSecondController.java:75) - Connection Per Seconds Configuration loaded: max connections per seconds [0], sleep time on max connections limit reached[1000]
[WARN ] [MainThread] (NTCmdDllWrapper.java:463) - Error while performing stop and uninstall HPCmd service on 10.107.167.190. details: The service has not been started.

[ERROR] [MainThread] (NTCmdInternalTaskExecutor.java:68) - Failed to cleanup after task execution failed. details: The service has not been started.

THIS IS a server SUCCESS

[INFO ] [NTCmdInternalTask_LaunchService_10.107.81.235] (NTCmdDllWrapper.java:192) - trying to connect to HPCmd_stdout, times:1
[INFO ] [NTCmdInternalTask_LaunchService_10.107.81.235] (NTCmdDllWrapper.java:198) - trying to connect to HPCmd_stdin, times:1

Trusted Contributor

There are many troubleshooting steps here that you can follow: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1203210 https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM194039
Regards
Puneet

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event