UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Probe status doesn't show in UCMDB UI

Frequent Advisor

Probe status doesn't show in UCMDB UI

Hello expert,

I installed UCMDB 10.01 and probe on seperate servers, even i tried probe on same server. I got the same issue- probe status doesn't show in UCMDB UI- DFP status and DFP setup. we get the strange error:

<2014-03-05 11:11:12,327> [ERROR] [ProbeGW Task Results Sender] (TaskResultsSenderThread.java:270) - Failed sending results to the server, will retry later
java.lang.Exception: Server returned invalid response: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.communication.client.DiscoveryClient.sendResultsToServer(DiscoveryClient.java:677)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.sending.TaskResultsSenderThread.sendToServer(TaskResultsSenderThread.java:569)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.sending.TaskResultsSenderThread.processTaskResults(TaskResultsSenderThread.java:201)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.sending.TaskResultsSenderThread.run(TaskResultsSenderThread.java:151)

i attached the full probe-error.log here

3 REPLIES
Frequent Advisor

Re: Probe status doesn't show in UCMDB UI

I have tried to reinstall them but no change. I attached server error.log as well

HPE Expert

Please use FQDN instead of localhost when you connecting.

Most probably this will do the magic.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Established Member

Telnet using the port you have stipulated in your conf file. I use 80 but had the same issue because it defaults to 8080.

If you can telnet to CMS then the port is open and your conf file needs updating

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event