UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem creating Host to Host Dependency

Occasional Advisor

Problem creating Host to Host Dependency

[ Edited ]

We want to discover a application whose various processes are running on different servers, now we have discovered them[Servers and Processes] separately and intend to create relationships between them, we are facing a problem in creating Host to Host relationships - when I add a relationship between two Hosts in Query/TQL and hit on Query Count, I get a result of 0[Zero] .Please let me know how can I use uCMDB to automatically create Host to Host relationships?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem creating Host to Host Dependency

Hi,

I would suggest to specify, which UCMDB/DDM Content Pack version you use to get more precise answer.
In short - it is needed to run Servers by Network Data & Potential Servers by Network Data jobs to build relationships between servers.
What kind of a relationships are you looking for? Generic "Host-Host" dependency or more granular (e.g. Host -> Process -> Service Address <- Host)?
Esteemed Contributor

Hi ,

why you are looking for such relationship , if you are looking for creating a TQL from host and their resources , it's simply you can use host CIT and HOST resources CIT and just relate a host as a parent , it will give you a result close you want to see.

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, i know that clientserver relationships can be created by the job "Servers by Network Data", however i am bit confused about how the Trigger Query, Input Query and Trigger CI data should look like, can you please help?

Regards,
Puneet
Honored Contributor

?!
What do you mean saying "how the Trigger Query, Input Query and Trigger CI data should look like"?
Occasional Advisor

Nevermind, i got this job running.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event