UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sm7 and UCMDB integration query

Advisor

Sm7 and UCMDB integration query

[ Edited ]

Experts-
I have integrated SM7 and UCMDB, and whenever UCMDB finds a new CI and if this CI is not present in SM7, it creates a CI in Service Manager, but at this point of time, we are manually creating the CIs in SM, and SM team doesn’t want the new CIs to be created through UCMDB, and they want the integration to be done only for any CI modifications. Is this possible to make any changes so that UCMDB will not generate any new CI in SM7?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Frequent Advisor

Re: Sm7 and UCMDB integration query

Hi,

Refer HP Universal CMDB to HP Service Manager Integration Guide page 25 to 28 and you can configure accordingly as per the requirement.

hope this helps.

Anand
Advisor

The document do not say anything about how i can stop UCMDB creating new CI in SM7. I want only CI updates to be integrated to SM.
Can someone please help in stopping this New CI generation rule.
Advisor

Is there any way can we make modifications to DEM rules in SM, so that no new CI should be generated thru ucmdb in Service Manager. The reason being, till we go into full production, we want to stop this new CI creations.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event