UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UCMDB 8.03 Weblogic Discovery

UCMDB 8.03 Weblogic Discovery

[ Edited ]

Hi experts,

i'm asked to discover Weblogic 8.1 and MySQL 5.0 with my UCMDB 8.03. I have never done this before. In weblogic discovery there are actually two methods of doing it 

1) by JMX

2) by Shell

My doubt is which one is better and result in better output. I see "by Shell" requires SSH, telnet and NTCMD protocols in order to discover and i see "by JMX" we get to discover more CITs than "by shell". Which do you recommend from your previous experiences. 

Also for SSH protocol, by default UNIX platform has SSH built-in but for windows we need to install any SSH software like OpenSSH or F-Secure right ? 

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: UCMDB 8.03 Weblogic Discovery

lightning_535 wrote:

Also for SSH protocol, by default UNIX platform has SSH built-in but for windows we need to install any SSH software like OpenSSH or F-Secure right ? 

For Windows you use NTCMD, not SSH. NTCMD is a Windows shell.

hi,

I was wondering the same thing actually. If weblogic is running on windows then we don't need SSH protocol to discover weblogic is it ? then only NTCMD protocol and telnet is enough to discover the weblogic and will facilitate the "MySQL by Shell" job. Please correct me if i'm wrong. 

HPE Expert

NTCMD is a typical shell for Windows machines. SSH and Telnet - for UNIX machines.

hi,

for discovering the Weblogic using JMX the guide says to have the necessary drivers on the probe but doesn't say what are the probes. where do i get the drivers ?

HPE Expert

lightning_535 wrote:

where do i get the drivers ?

From WebLogic server installation you are about to discover.

hi,

the probe already has weblogic.jar. So i guess only that is sufficient for non-SSL weblogic discovery. For SSL Discovery we need to use the drivers mentioned in the guide right ?

For Weblogic discovery by Shell: when i run the job it asks for all the three protocols(NTCMD, SSH and telnet) but for a UNIX machine i can't have NTCMD protocol credentials and then how do i run this job.

HPE Expert

lightning_535 wrote:

the probe already has weblogic.jar. So i guess only that is sufficient for non-SSL weblogic discovery. For SSL Discovery we need to use the drivers mentioned in the guide right ?

Yes.

lightning_535 wrote:

For Weblogic discovery by Shell: when i run the job it asks for all the three protocols(NTCMD, SSH and telnet) but for a UNIX machine i can't have NTCMD protocol credentials and then how do i run this job.

Not sure I understand what you are doing. You should decide for yourself what shell you are going to use for specific servers. For UNIX servers forget about NTCMD. It's enough to provide credentials just for one protocol, e.g. SSH. Then you run Host Connection by Shell and Host Resources and Applications by Shell for your specific servers where Weblogic is running.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event