UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UCMDB 8.04: Updates using java API not appearing

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

UCMDB 8.04: Updates using java API not appearing

[ Edited ]

Hi All,
I'm able to create CIs using java Api, I'm also able to update attributes created by java client.

The java client can't update CI's attributes created by other users.

I think that the cause is the "root_isupdatedbyowner" field set to true. When insert a CI via GUI or via java client the "root_isupdatedbyowner" field is always set to true even if the default is false.

I think this is could be a 8.x bug because in 7.5 the behaviour is different.

Anyone could be give me a solution to modify in massive way the attribute to false? (Enrichment does not update the attribute)

thanks in advance

D.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: UCMDB 8.04: Updates using java API not appearing

Hi,

You can change the CI type definition to make Enrichment rule support thie attribute, but first make sure that this will solve your problem.

Did you got any exeption from the java API while trying to do the update ? did you defined the java API user correctly ?
Frequent Advisor

Via CI type manager is not possible to make editable the "root_isupdatedbyowner" so I think that Enrichemnt can't use it.

No Exception, the java client works well.
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can change the top level CI in the CI type manager to "root" so you will be able to change the definition for this attribute

Use the infrastructure setting manager, "UCMDB common" part, change the requried setting (i guess its "it_universe" now)
Frequent Advisor

Hi Amit,
I've changed the top level to root but I'm not able to change the field to "editable".
The System is BAC 8.04 with embedded ucmdb.
Any other suggestion?

Thanks
D.
Honored Contributor

Hi D.

See attached files for the setup, it works for me in 8.04 box

BTW, for the original issue: which API are you using ? the UCMDB Java API (introduced in 8.0) or the UCMDB Web Service API ?

(both are documented in the Solutions and Integrations help/PDF)

If you change this attribute for a specific CI instance , does it solves the problem ?

Amit
Frequent Advisor

Hi Amit,
your solution for changing the attribute works well. Using enrichment I' ve changed to false and now I'm able to change other attributes via java client.

I'm using UCMDB Java API.

I think there is a bug because the attribute "root_isupdatedbyowner" is always set to true (via gui or api) even if the default is false.

Thanks a lot for your support

D.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event