UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UCMDB 8.05 Integration with PPM v7.5 Sp7

Esteemed Contributor

UCMDB 8.05 Integration with PPM v7.5 Sp7

[ Edited ]

Experts,
I have a query regarding the integration of PPm with uCMDB 8.05.
We have integrated these 2 applications and in PPM when the user clicks on the select configuration item, it brings up the java applet . It gives the 2 options, browse and search CIs.
The user is able to select CIs using the browse view, but unable to do any search of CIs using the next tab which is the search CIs.

** One of the support case which we have raised with HP PPM team, they have come back and told, the search logic is residing in uCMDB. I am not sure where I need to look in for this issue

Has soem1 ever faced similar kind of issue. Please guide with some troubleshooting steps.

Thanks
brav0

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

I am Listening..
5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: UCMDB 8.05 Integration with PPM v7.5 Sp7

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by "unable to do any search of CIs" ? search tab is not available ? search button is disabled ? CI type selector is disabled ? no CIs are returned ? please provide some more info and screenshots

Amit
Esteemed Contributor

Hi ,

Thank you for the response.

Search CIs tab is visible, but the when the user goes and selec the CI type as "Host" and clicks on the search (kind of true search), it doesnt return any results ( search count is 0) , but the same search in uCMDB returns records.

I am attaching the screenshots of the search CI tab.

Thanks
brav0.
I am Listening..
Esteemed Contributor

attaching the screenshots.

I am Listening..
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Looks like it should work, if the exactly same search works directly with UCMDB. the only thing I found from PPM 7.5 doc is that it referenced up to Ucmdb 8.02 version.

I guess next stets for you are: look for an answer on the PPM forum, check PPM log files for erros, check UCMDB log files for errors

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Amit,

The PPM v7.5 SP2 supports till 8.02 , but as per HP PPM v7.5 Sp5 onwards it supports with 8.05

Now could you tell me the JDK / JRE version in your system.

I am having Java
Plug-in 1.6.0_21
Using JRE version 1.6.0_21-b07 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

please let me know if there is any compatiblity issue.

I have checked in uCMDB8.05 , i found only jdk 1.5 b19 is not supported

Thanks
Brav0
I am Listening..
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event