UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UCMDB Browser will not connect since restarting server

Frequent Visitor

UCMDB Browser will not connect since restarting server

Since we rebooted out server the UCMDB browser will not connect anymore.

Everything else is working ok (Discovery etc) but when when we try to connect to the browser we get the folloing error "Failed to connect to UCMDB server" regardless of the which user we use.

We are using the embedded (War file) version so ucmcb_browser_config.xml was never amended.

UCMDB Ver 10.30, and Browser Ver 4.31

When you try and log in the system logs the following error "com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract com.hp.ucmdb_browser.shared.notifications.NotificationCountInfo com.hp.ucmdb_browser.shared.UcmdbBrowserService.readUserNotificationCount()' threw an unexpected exception: com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.web.NeedToReloginException: Server name is not defined - session was invalidated"

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Rich

7 REPLIES
Occasional Advisor

Re: UCMDB Browser will not connect since restarting server

Hi Richard,

You could try 2 things:

- restart the UCMDB Server and try not to access the Browser URL until the UCMDB Server status is UP. You can also delay accessing the Browser URL for 5-10 minutes even after the UCMDB Server status is UP

- clear your cookies from the internet browser you're using (Ctrl+Shift+Del usually - Clear cookies)

Let us know if these work for you.

Thanks,

Radu

Occasional Contributor

I also have the same problem. Please, notify if any success result.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Radu,

Thanks for you response. I tried why you mentioned and sadly it has made no difference.

What i've also tried is removing the jetty-cache, this some times help with a connection but not always.

Once it fails to connect the system will not allow anybody to connect it (i've also opened a support call to have this investigated why).

What I also notice is in the ucmdb_browser log you get see the following 

2017-02-03 14:49:27,154 ERROR [qtp2106628123-136] BaseRemoteService - Failed request from [esc0110142.esoc.esa.int] IP: 131.176.82.219 URL: https://itsmcmdbhdev3.esoc.esa.int/ucmdb-browser/ucmdb_browser/ucmdb_browser.rpc
2017-02-03 14:49:27,154 ERROR [qtp2106628123-136] BaseRemoteService - Unexpected failure:
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract com.hp.ucmdb_browser.shared.notifications.NotificationCountInfo com.hp.ucmdb_browser.shared.UcmdbBrowserService.readUserNotificationCount()' threw an unexpected exception: com.hp.ucmdb_browser.server.web.NeedToReloginException: Server name is not defined - session was invalidated

Multiple times, 

Also in the times that the browser works the system will not allow any searching (Reports work fine) but searching always throw the error " Search No Enabled" eventhou it is (Confirmed this on jmx console). I also have a support ticket open for this too.

We seem to be having lots of problems with browser, I'm wondering whether it would be easier to not user the embedded version and move it to the web server instead. Would this be a better solution?

Thanks

Rich

Occasional Advisor

Hi Richard,

Indeed, it would be best to use the Browser deployed inside a standalone Tomcat, instead of the embedded one. The embedded is OK to use at first, to try out the application, but moving forward the standalone is the one you want to have.

Regards,

Radu

Trusted Contributor

If its an embedded Browser, try stopping UCMDB, delete the deployed browser folder in runtime jetty cache, start UCMDB

I'm assuming you mean Browser 4.10, 4.11 or 4.12

Browser 4.31 is not out yet.

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
Occasional Contributor

may i know the log files location and ucmdb browser installation directory

Frequent Advisor

Are you able to resolve the uCMDB server IP from the url?

nslookup <url>

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event