UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UCMDB DB time calculation algorithm

Advisor

UCMDB DB time calculation algorithm

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I wonder how ucmdb calculates the 22 digit host_last_boot_time values to usual date format as we know.

For example;
1271575551000 value from db / view "a_host_last_boot_time" is "Host Boot Time Sun Apr 18 2010 10:25 AM EEST" in ucmdb ui.

Any ideas ?

Thanks...

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

9 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: UCMDB DB time calculation algorithm

I do believe that it is stored in the "timestamp" value.
Honored Contributor

Hi,

this value is the epoch (or Posix) time , i.e: number of milliseconds from 00:00,January 1, 1970, UTC.
Advisor

Thanks for your answers but I need calculation formula.

As you know in db all the data about host_last_boot_time is timestamp. I need an SQL to convert them to date format like dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss.

Honored Contributor

No offense, but did you try to google on the " timestamp to datetime"?
To get something like this: http://psoug.org/reference/timestamp.html
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Are you trying to query the CMDB tables directly ? you can use UCMDB APIs (web/Java) to get CIs properties in their format (data/String/etc...) without access the DB tables.
Advisor

Our DBA team is querying the ucmdb db directly, they want to get host boot times from db at once. I am not sure if they can get it from API.

They beleive that there must be a kind of function that calculates and stores the boot time value to db, if anybody knows the formula we can directly extract it.
Honored Contributor

Hi,

They can get it with the APIs

and for the formula its a simple Date stored in DB, your DBA should know it
Advisor

Here is the function/formula thet one of our dba created to convert the ucmdb db host boot time value to date time format.

thanks for your ideas.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION SYS."GETLASTUPDATE_REVERSE_SERDAR" ( lastupdated in number) RETURN date
IS
cur_date date ;
BEGIN
select lastupdated/86400000 + TO_DATE( (case when TZ_OFFSET('Europe/Istanbul') like '%03:00%' then '197001010300'
else '197001010200' end ),'YYYYMMDDHHMI'))
into cur_date from dual;
RETURN cur_date ;
END;
/

select getlastupdate_reverse(1290925242747) from dual;
Advisor

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION SYS."GETLASTUPDATE_REVERSE_SERDAR" ( lastupdated in number) RETURN date
IS
cur_date date ;
BEGIN
select lastupdated/86400000 + TO_DATE( (case when TZ_OFFSET('Europe/Istanbul') like '%03:00%' then '197001010300'
else '197001010200' end ),'YYYYMMDDHHMI'))
into cur_date from dual;
RETURN cur_date ;
END;
/

select getlastupdate_reverse(1290925242747) from dual;
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event