UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UCMDB Reports

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Regular Advisor

UCMDB Reports

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

Currently I am working on UCMDB reports and i am able to understood the Topology reports succesfully,but I am not clear on Gold Master Reports. Could you please any body guide me how to Generate Gold Master Reports with an example?.

Thanks,
VeerRaju.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum moderator

9 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: UCMDB Reports

Gold master report is basically for coamparing CIs. You can select one CI make it as master and you can compare it with n number of different CIs by just pulling them in the window below to master in admin > report manager
Regular Advisor

Thanks.

Please let me know whether i can select similar kind of CIs or can I able to select different CI's as well.

Please give me an example,so that I can able to understand in a better way.

Thanks,
VeerRaju.
Regular Advisor

Hi Anjaenya,

Do you have any idea about Delta Reports in UCMDB?.

Thanks,
VeerRaju.
Trusted Contributor

the idea behind gold master reports is to compare same type CIs.

it makes no sense to compare different type CIs (like comparing a host to a IP)

the gold master reports works the same as the compare 2 CIs. except it's comparing one selected cI (master CI) to a number of CI's of the same type.

Honored Contributor

One example for gold master could be if you want to ensure that all you windows hosts i.e. the windows CI have OS installed as Windows Advanced Server instead of Windows professional. So you can keep that as the gold master and compare other windows CI to the gold master to determine the ones that need to have the OS updated.

--Amit
Frequent Advisor

We've tried to do similar type of reporting, but have always had to export the data to CSV or Excel and manipulate the information to make it useful to the groups requesting the reports. This has been a very frustrating and time consuming process. One recent effort, comparing DR environments involved exporting to Excel, importing that data to MS Access and generating multiple reports from there. The turnaround time did not make the requesters very happy especially since they wanted a repeatable process and a link to generate the report without relying on our team having to get so involved each time. We've heard for a long time that reporting was going to be improved but always in some future (unknown) version. We wish they'd 'step-up' on this.
Regular Advisor

Dear All,

Thanks for your prominent reply. I want to generate gold report based on CI changes in the entire environment.

So,please suggest me What kind of value i need to set as Master CI in the entire environment.

If any body has done this kind of requirement,please help me on this one?.

Thanks,
VeerRaju.

Trusted Contributor

VeerRaju,

i may nto understood you correclty, but Gold master report doesn't seem to be the correct choice for what you want.

if you want to get a report of all changes in the environment, i suggest resorting to a different type of reports like compare snapshots.

Super Advisor

I would like to know if there is a way that I can generate gold master reports to automatically run and be emailed at a specific interval. Let me know!

Thanks,
Chris
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event