UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UCMDB basic

UCMDB basic

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm new to UCMDB and i have a doubt. What is the difference b/w Content packages and factory packages ?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: UCMDB basic

No difference. Factory packages are the ones provided with the product itself - either originally with major version, e.g. 9.0, or later through Content Packs released periodically.

ok i have UCMDB 8.03 with me. i have content pack version 1 and i need to upgrade the CP version to 8. i downloaded the CP 8 and it has two folders "factory packages" and "ddm_content_packages". can i deploy either  one of them to upgrade the CP version or should i deploy both the packages.

HPE Expert

You should carefully read Content Pack 8 Installation guide (just an .html file) and follow the instructions in this guide. That's it.

By the way, there is CP8 Patch 1 available.

hi,

the guide (.html) is not that clear. it creates lot of confusion. when i unzip the CP8 zipped fie it has two folders inside (j2f and root). root folder has two folders (root\lib\factory_packages and root\lib\ddm_content_packages_8.0) but the guide never talk bout this folder structure. It asks to unzip the contents to "C:\hp\UCMDB\ucmdbserver" and it creates the folder "ddm_content_packages_8.0" . but this doesn't happen. So i copied the "root\lib\ddm_content_packages_8.0" to "C:\hp\UCMDB\ucmdbserver" and gave the path 

"C:\hp\UCMDB\ucmdbserver\ddm_content_packages_8.0" in the JMX console for deploying the packages but it throws error for some packages. i have attached the mam.packaging log for refrence. 

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event