UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UCMDB enrichment rule 1 functional group to many Nodes

UCMDB enrichment rule 1 functional group to many Nodes

Hello,

I would like to start by mentioning that I have seen this issue in various posts; however, they all seem to be related to older version of ucmdb (8, 9). We are using UCMDB version 10.11.

The requirement I have is to map FunctionalGroups to their corresponding owner nodes. Currently, the thought is that this will be a one to man relationship.  The steps I have taken to create this automatic relationship is as follows:

1) Load Enrichment Manager

2) In Query Mode: Add CI type Unix (no attributes)

3) In Query Mode: Add CI type FunctionalGroup

4) Add attribute condition for FunctionalGroup where name="Linux Support" (predefined functional group)

As soon as I try to save the query with an attribute condition I recieve the following error: "Pattern graph contains separate graphs which are note allowed in selected pattern group". 

This functionality seems as though it should exist. An alternate method I have read is to run an enrichment that populates a node attribute with the same name as the functionalGroup name and then run a seperate enrichment rule to create a virtual join relationship using the new field as a reconciliation key. I would prefer to avoid this method as it involves an extra step. Does anyone else have any experience using unique queries for 2 CIT and then creating a relationship to bind the two?

Thank you,

Vlaho Djurkovic

1 REPLY
HPE Expert

Re: UCMDB enrichment rule 1 functional group to many Nodes

Enrichment couldn't help in the case when there is no any logical connections between CIs that could be represented as condition on a TQL.

One of the possible ways to go i sto use Pattern Based Models.

The FunctionalGroups will be a models when CIs representing  UNIX boxes will be connected elements. 

BTW, what you see is expected behaviour with the enrichment.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event