UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UCMDB password requirements

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Regular Advisor

UCMDB password requirements

[ Edited ]

I am new to uCMDB and need to implement it.

I need to setup user login password requirements (like: 8 character with 1 no, 1 special char) but can not location where this can be setup in the tool.

Can be this be done and if so where is the config file located.

Thanks,

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: UCMDB password requirements

It cannot be done. uCMDB doesn't provide an option to enforce password creation rules like min number of characters in password, mandatory usage of special characters etc.
HPE Expert

Forgot to mention that if you configure uCMDB to use external LDAP for authentication (instead of internal uCMDB authentication) you may achieve what you want if that LDAP allows you to enforce password creation rules.
Regular Advisor

That is what I was afraid of but needed confirmation. I was also starting to look into LDAP.

When using LDAP, can I restrict who the users are? I only need a some amount of uCMDB users.

Thank you so much for the help.
Gail
HPE Expert

Yes, you can definitely restrict access to uCMDB to only subset of all LDAP users. Please see uCMDB docs for details on how to configure LDAP authentication properly.
Regular Advisor

Hi Dmitry,

I have integrated ucmdb with ldap successfully . ucmdb is able to talk to ldap via port 389.
But our security policy does not allow to use port 389 and they want us to use ldaps via 636. when I use that it doesnt work.

I get authentication failed message and the logs say "cannot connect to ldap server" check ldap port and administrative settings.

I checked that that the firewall is opened via 636

could you help with some information.
I have ucmdb 8.02 with cp3
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event