UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UMCBD To Atrium Integration

Advisor

UMCBD To Atrium Integration

Hi Experts,

I need to do the integration between ucmdb and BMC Atrium.

I did the basic configuration.Also provided the Remedy protocol but when i am testing the connection in integration point.  I am getting the below error.

com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.request.ProbeSideProcessorException: [ErrorCode [800] Couldn't connect
to Integration{uCMDB to BMC integration, AtriumPushAdapter, ***********}]
Integration[uCMDB to BMC
integration]: com.hp.ucmdb.federationspi.exception.DataAccessCommunicationException: Connection
failed: ('No username and/or target server defined. ',)

--- Start of probe-side exception
---
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.AdapterAccessCommunicationException: [ErrorCode [800] Couldn't
connect to Integration{uCMDB to BMC integration, AtriumPushAdapter,
************}]
Integration[uCMDB to BMC integration]:
com.hp.ucmdb.federationspi.exception.DataAccessCommunicationException: Connection failed: ('No
username and/or target server defined. ',)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessCommunicationException(ExceptionConverter.java:293)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessException(ExceptionConverter.java:104)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessException(ExceptionConverter.java:67)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:74)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:27)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adhoctasks.AdHocProbeRequestOperation.performAction(AdHocProbeRequestOperation.java:64)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskdispatcher.AdHocTaskDispatcher.dispatchTask(AdHocTaskDispatcher.java:70)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:112)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:46)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:237)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:252)
at javax.management.StandardMBean.invoke(StandardMBean.java:405)
at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:801)
at
javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:292)
at
org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.doInvoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:405)
at
org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.invoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:353)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy81.dispatchTask(Unknown Source)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probegw.managementtasks.adhoctasks.AdhocThread.run(AdhocThread.java:54)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
--- End of probe-side exception ---

Any help would be appreciable . Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: UMCBD To Atrium Integration

What do your XML sync defs look like. 

Also, from my experience, the built-in Atrium Sync isn't that great.

We eneded up creating a custom integration middleware to impex between our systems.

Advisor

Hi Dimiter,

Does the connection test uses the XML mapping file.

Also we have tested the connection with other ACCOUNT, and it got successful.So can we use two accounts for the same integration.

Advisor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Figure out why this is showing the error. Actually its a bug as it is confirmed by the support.

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02676217

Also they provided me the workaround how to resolve this.

Acoording to them.

Out of the box, the atrium push adapter AND the atrium population adapter, are still using the credential properties, from the "previous" interface (ie, still using remedyprotocol_user instead of protocol_username) This lead to the following error message, always returned :

com.hp.ucmdb.federationspi.exception.DataAccessCommunicationException: Connection failed: ('No
username and/or target server defined. ',)

except if the credentials are set in the "previous interface" (ie, right click on the credentials => edit using previous interface).

I did the edit through previous interface and provided the credentials over there & when i checked the connection it shows successful..

Please like the answer if it resolve the issue

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event