UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to start Configuration Manager 11.20

Frequent Advisor

Unable to start Configuration Manager 11.20

Hi all,

I am unable to get CM 11.20 running.
I have ucmdb up and running with no problems (in fact, I have a 11.22 and a 11.30).
I run the instalation wizard fine, all tests passed, all passwords are correct (I've checked them a thousand times).
Instalation runs, but it says it finished with 6 non-fatal errors.

I can see a few changes on uCMDB: 2 new integration points, a "amber_all" perspective, etc. These changes appeared at the same time as the installation.

Thing is, my accessing http://<hostname>:8180/cnc , I get a 404 error from tomcat. "(/cnc) is not available"

on service startup, stderr.log shows:

INFO: Deploying web application archive cnc.war
Mar 22, 2017 5:51:18 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Mar 22, 2017 5:51:18 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Context [/cnc] startup failed due to previous errors

A few seconds later, this appears:

Mar 22, 2017 5:51:19 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
SEVERE: The web application [/cnc] registered the JDBC driver [com.mercury.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
Mar 22, 2017 5:51:19 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
SEVERE: The web application [/cnc] registered the JDBC driver [com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
Mar 22, 2017 5:51:19 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

On the other hand, amber_general.log shows:

2017-03-22 17:51:18,243 ERROR User: ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext:220 Context initialization failed

<omitted a gigantic stack trace, with multiple caused bys>

<this is the last two "caused bys'">

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'cmdbClassModelService': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.hp.ucmdb.api.client.RootObject.getClassModelService()Lcom/hp/ucmdb/api/classmodel/ClassModelServiceInternal;

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.hp.ucmdb.api.client.RootObject.getClassModelService()Lcom/hp/ucmdb/api/classmodel/ClassModelServiceInternal;

I've tried installing and pointing it to ucmdb 10.22 and 10.30, tried multiple different servers, tried reinstalling multiple times using hostnames, ips, a new dedicated MSSQL database server for it... everything.

Any ideas?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event