UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cannot create new CI Types/Instances in a standalone UCMDB Server /Oracle DB

Regular Advisor

cannot create new CI Types/Instances in a standalone UCMDB Server /Oracle DB

[ Edited ]

A client of mine upgraded it's Ucmdb 8.0 standalone server to 8.01 and finally 8.02. Prior to upgrading to 8.02, everything worked fine but since the upgrade, they have not been able to create new CI types/instances.

They have also tried using the XML option but as soon as they click on the save button, it responds with "Server not ready for action"

I checked the UCMDB Status from the local server and it shows all Nanny Statuses as ready but HAC Status had "cannot check status".

To be sure of what's going on, I checked the HAC Manager (list all assignments in the db) via the jmx-console and wierdly, all the HAC services are running.

I also noticed some of the views (view manager) keeps getting de-activated and checking the logs did not provide enough information.

The UCMDB 8.02.440 app runs on a Windows 2003 OS and an external Oracle DB 10g 10.2.4.0 64 bit.

Any idea?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Foru to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: cannot create new CI Types/Instances in a standalone UCMDB Server /Oracle DB

What can you see in J2F_all.ejb.log file?
Regular Advisor

Re: cannot create new CI Types/Instances in a standalone UCMDB Server /Oracle DB

I have attached a document containing the error messages that were repeated in the j2f.. log file

Honored Contributor

What you've provided doesn't have anything with the error you're describing.
Few questions:
1. Did you change the JBoss port from 8080 to some another one?
2. How many CIs do you have in your environment? (didn't you exceed the CIs quota)
3. Once you're getting an error upon saving new CI Type - please collect logs from %TEMP%\UcmdbLog\log folder on your *client* machine and also add some logs from:
** j2f_all.ejb.log (for relevant timeframe)
** cmdb.operation.log from cmdb (or EJBContainer) folder - for relevant timeframe
** cmdb.log from cmdb (or EJBContainer) folder - for relevant timeframe

Then we'll be able to assist you in getting your issue solved.
Regular Advisor

Thanks and will do
Regular Advisor

the issue has been resolved.

apparently, the secure connection via https was re-enabled and had to change the contents of myStatus.html file to fix it.

i can now view the HAC status page correctly.
Regular Advisor

see prior comments
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event