UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error on solaris servers

Valued Contributor

error on solaris servers

[ Edited ]

dear all,
when ever the DDM starts its discovery tasks an error appears on solaris servers as folllows:
May 13 14:49:30 mcps rsh[26812]: [ID 521673 daemon.notice] connection from 10.1.1.90 (10.1.1.90) - bad port
May 13 14:49:36 mcps rlogind[26813]: [ID 846982 daemon.notice] connection from 10.1.1.90(10.1.1.90) - bad port
May 13 15:58:13 mcps rsh[1994]: [ID 521673 daemon.notice] connection from 10.1.1.90 (10.1.1.90) - bad port
May 14 12:32:18 mcps rsh[27313]: [ID 521673 daemon.notice] connection from 10.1.1.90 (10.1.1.90) - bad port

i am using credentials and data is being retriieved, but our customer is concerned about these errors. any idea what should be done to prevent this error ?
p.s. i am using uCMDB 8

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: error on solaris servers

What type of discovery patterns do you run?
it looks like the servers get connection requests on a port which is not opened.
Depends on the protocols used by the discovery you are trying to run, each protocol has a a configurable port it is using to connect and you can change it in the protocol definition page.
Asi.
Valued Contributor

hey
thanx for the reply
am discovering host resources and network
i tried to change the port am using for snmp which eliminiated some of the errors
now whats left is ports 22 and 23 for ssh and telnet
are there any alternatives for these ports ?
Advisor

ports 22 and 23 are the default ports for ssh telnet, however, it all depends on the server running those services.
You should check that with the solaris admin, or incase you have acces just issue the command: netstat -noa and try to figure out which ports are opened for thos services.
I would use a manual ssh/telnet client tool such as putty just to make sure you can connect manualy before you run the automatic disocvery.
Valued Contributor

thanx
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event