UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how to use ucmdb webservice API

Regular Advisor

how to use ucmdb webservice API

[ Edited ]

Hi

I'm doing the integration between uCMDB9.05 and Moab (from Adpative Computing), and I need to provide the web service for them to access.

I tried to the following to generate the Java class from the WSDL of ucmdb webservice API using the axis tool, but I got the following error:

T:\Media\axis>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -o T:\Media\axis\HP -U sysadmin -P sysadmin http://130.47.139.134:8080/axis2/services/UcmdbService?wsdl
java.io.IOException: ERROR: Missing <soap:fault> element inFault "ucmdbFault" in operation "ucmdbFault", in binding getClassAncestors
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.faultsFromSOAPFault(SymbolTable.java:2858)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populateBindings(SymbolTable.java:2549)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:744)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:543)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:518)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:495)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

And then I copied the content of http://130.47.139.134:8080/axis2/services/UcmdbService?wsdl to a local file, and then try WSDL2Java agin, a error shows:

T:\Media\axis>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -o T:\Media\axis\HP T:\Media\UcmdbService.wsdl

WSDLException (at /wsdl:definitions/wsdl:types/xs:schema): faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: An error occurred trying to resolve schema referenced at 'UcmdbService?xsd=xsd0', relative to 'file:/T:/Media/UcmdbService.wsdl'.: This file was not found: file:/T:/Media/UcmdbService?xsd=xsd0: java.io.FileNotFoundException: This file was not found: file:/T:/Media/UcmdbServicexsd=xsd0
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseSchema(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseTypes(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:516)

at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseTypes(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:516)

I'm totally new to webservice.....

If I want to use Java to access the webservcie API of ucmdb, I need to generate the classes from WSDL file and then import these classes to my Java programm, right?

Any solution?

BTW, I open http://130.47.139.134:8080/axis2/services/UcmdbService, and I got "Please enable REST support in WEB-INF/conf/axis2.xml and WEB-INF/web.xml”, does this a normal situation??

Attached is the WSDL file I got from http://130.47.139.134:8080/axis2/services/UcmdbService?wsdl

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY
Occasional Contributor

Re: how to use ucmdb webservice API

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate UCMDB with Netcool/Impact.
I also got the same problem.

Are there any option in UCMDB to download the WSDL file(s) folder??????

I am sure that downloaded file folder(if proper) will also serve the purpose.

@

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event