UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

implement reconciliation on data_name attribute

Frequent Advisor

implement reconciliation on data_name attribute

[ Edited ]

Hi all,
we use ucmdb 8.05.Our customer wants to be able to change the name of a CI and that is why I removed the key from host_key for host and from data_name attributes for all others.We use now external_id as a key but still we have to have unique values in host_key and data_name for other integartions consistency.I was able to flag host_key as unique.Data_name is defined on the data level and does not have the unique flag active.So I tried package manager and some other tricks with no success.Then I started thinking about implementing reconciliation rule on data_name for all the CIT's that use to have data_name. as key.The procedure and the concepts are paurly documented.So please suggest whether this is good approach and how I am I suppose to implemet it!

Thanks!

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: implement reconciliation on data_name attribute

Well,

It looks like you took the wrong approach, as you made your UCMDB unsupported because of significant changes done in the class model.

What is the use case that you are trying to address with such methods?

Regards,
Alex
Frequent Advisor

Re: implement reconciliation on data_name attribute

Hi,
thanks for the answer.Our customer wants to be able to change the name of the CI.That is not possible because the name is a primary key.So we use another priamry key but still wants to have unique values for the old key.

Thanks,
Petar
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event