UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

remove probe server from UCMDB 7.5

Frequent Advisor

remove probe server from UCMDB 7.5

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have UCMDB 7.5 in production and I want to disconnect one of the probe servers.What is the right way to do this ? I removed all IP ranges in this probe in Discovery --> Setup Discovery probes, but when I delete probe from "Probes" list - the system is failed,after restart UCMDB - I see again the deleted probe.

Thanks for any help
Natalia

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum.- Hp forum Moderator

8 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: remove probe server from UCMDB 7.5

Have you made sure the probe service is stopped on the probe.
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply

could you send me excatly what should I run ? I am a new person in CMDB. should I uninstall DDM on probe server ?

Many Thanks !
Respected Contributor

If you do not want the probe anymore, you can uninstall it.

or if you want to use it later you can just stop the 'UCMDB Probe' service in Windows services on the Probe machine.
Frequent Advisor

I stoped the 'UCMDB Probe' service in Windows services on the Probe machine but Probe machine still exists in probes list in UCMDB GUI - how can I remove it from server configuration ?

Thanks
Respected Contributor

If you just select the probe and delete. Does it not get deleted?
Frequent Advisor

Before delete the probe - how can I move all IP ranges (I have a lot of ranges) of this probe to another exist probe ? I can't find any documantation to this issue

Many Thanks for your help
Valued Contributor

As per my knowledge 7.5 Domain manager does not have the option of import and export. You have to manually key in all the ranges after you delete the probe.

Regards,
Nagendra Swamy. P
Frequent Advisor

Many Thanks for the help and quick reply !
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event