UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

uCMDB 10.22 Oracle Discovery

Advisor

uCMDB 10.22 Oracle Discovery

[ Edited ]

Hello,

If you can share with as an example of oracle DB discovery and what kind of information can gathered: i want the DB version, the table space name, ...

Aloso how we can try the test credentials?

looking for you kind responses soon.

thanks in advance

Personal Info Erased

3 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: uCMDB 10.22 Oracle Discovery

Hello Lmed ,

I hope you are doing great!

You may discovery these detais with the Oracle Database Server Discovery job .

Additionally , I suggest to review the pre-requisites of any job in the Discovery and Integrations Content Guide-Discovery Modules . It guide provide us all the information about the job discoveries . 

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias | SW Technical Support Consultant.
UCMDB

Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

In i.R.O.C.K, when you post a response you must add the signature on it.

” If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given”
Advisor

Hello,

Yes i have already check the document http://community.hpe.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/itrc-682/14029/1/UCMDB10.00_DiscoveryIntegration.pdf on page 573 for example, we can't find how we can configure the credentials and how we can test the connexion....

Alos i can't find an example or tuto that explain more the discovery like the information that we can got after each job for example with Databases TCP Ports on Oracle what kinf of data we can have or with Database Connection by SQL what kind of data we can have also.

if you have an example with screen shot (credantial configuration, and CI after discovery ) it can help me more.

Thanks in adavance

Occasional Visitor

Hi,

here is a brief example what you can get when you run Oracle discovery.

When run Database TCP ports discovery the job scans all IP addresses you have in UCMDB and tries detecting whether there is open typical DB port on the IP (i.e. 1521 for Oracle, 1433 for MS SQL and so on). If such open port is found it is recorded as ipServiceEndpoint. Beside that this job also discovers the nodes (just basic info) where the open port was detected, unix or windows machines and valid relationships. This job does not require any credentials. It's just simple tcp port scan.

If you run Oracle Database Connection by SQL, then first of all the job selects all Oracle DBs you have discovered by Host Resource jobs. Then the job/probe tries to connect to these Oracle DBs using credentials you defined in Data Flow Probe Setup -> Credentials -> Generic SQL. This job detects similar info as Database TCP ports job, but additionally the job adds reference to valid credentials to each Oracle DB in UCMDB (in case a connection to DB using SQL credentials was successful).

The Oracle Topology by SQL connects the Oracle DBs with valid refernce to credentials (checked in previous job) and collects additional information on each Oracle DB (DB client, DB scheme, DB data file, DB tables, DB link, DB link objects, DB scheduler jobs, re-do files, snapshots and relevant relationships).  On the Properties tab of this job you can select what information is interesting for you.

If you are interested for information on Oracle Standby DB, you need to use Oracle Connection by Shell. This job uses a special script (deployed on server with standby DB) running in DB Admin context, which is able to connect sleeping DB and collect required info (similary to previous job).

As for credentials: these are configured in the Data Flow Probe Setup -> Credentials -> Generic SQL.

For Oracle you need to configure: port on which the Oracle DBs are listening (a default 1521 port is not always used, so you need to specify the port used in your environment); then username and password for user to be used for connecting the Oracle DB. You can also define Instance Name, if the credentials are used just for specific instance; and/or timeout.

If you want to check validity of credentials, just select the row with the credentials you want to check, righ click on the row and select option "Check credentials..." in pop-up menu. In the dialog then type the IP of server when some of your Oracle DB is running.

Good luck;

J.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event