UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

uCMDB 8.04 can not show CI Instances

Frequent Advisor

uCMDB 8.04 can not show CI Instances

[ Edited ]

Hi all uCMDB experts,

We found an interesting issue about uCMDB "case sensitive".

-----
Issue Description:
We create a CI Type named "3g_mobile_iublink" and use uCMDB Java API to insert/update CIs.
We found when click "show CI instances" in CI Type Manager /View Manager /Query Manager, we can only see the CI amount but can not see any CIs.
But in IT Universe/View Manager/Query Manager we can preview and see the inserted/updated CIs.

-----
Issue Root Cause:
The reason is that we used the wrong CIT name "3g_mobile_Iublink"(it should be "3g_mobile_iublink" to insert CIs when using Java API.

-----
Issue Conclusion:
uCMDB is case sensitive. We have to make sure the uppercase/lowercase is correct, otherwise we may get some undesired results(i.e.,cannot show CI instances like us).
-----

Hopes it can help somebody else who meet the same issue.

Thanks & BRs
yuanji.xuan@hp.com

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY
Trusted Contributor

Re: uCMDB 8.04 can not show CI Instances

Hey,

Even I was having questions on CI instances.I am new to cmdb.
I have created one view and have set the attributes also eg: desplay string Equal ite-ps1 in one of the CIT(J2EE Application) so that it can discover the function ite-ps1
But I am not getting how DDM will recognise this name ite-ps1 ,where do I need to define it and how.
Can you please tell me

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event