Search instead for 
Do you mean 

uCMDB API

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Advisor

uCMDB API

[ Edited ]

Where exploring CMDB Java API, I found that the getViewService() from UcmdbService interface is marked as deprecated. Even that, I am not able link the View to the CIs that I created for the view from CMDB console. My question is, does uCMDB API support getting View-CIs relationships?

The reason I ask is that we'd like to synchronize this View-CIs relationship between uCMDB and our own product.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: uCMDB API

There's no such a thing as "relationship" between view and CI except some exclusive cases.
CIs being a result of a view know nothing about the view itself.

I would suggest to explore view results and then have your own mapping in your own product which will represent this kind of relationship.
Advisor

You're right, the CIs should has no knowledge about the View, but it'd be nice to get CI results from the view through API using the ViewService so that this dynamic relationship can be synchronized between uCMDB and 3rd party product.
Honored Contributor

Assuming that most of views have the same name as their TQLs, is it an option for you to use TopologyQueryService?
It's a bit tricky/complicated, but there's a possibility to get the list of view names together with their TQL names via JMX and then use named queries (TQLs) to retrieve result CIs and relate them in your product to the view.

May it suite your needs? (btw, I believe it's better to do it that way, 'cause view result may also contain non-existing CIs such as groups if there are grouping rules configured)
Advisor

Thanks, Alex. I'll give it a shot.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event