UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

uCMDB Import from CSV

Valued Contributor

uCMDB Import from CSV

[ Edited ]

Can anyone help me with importing of CIs into the uCMDB from a CSV file? HP told me that it can be done using a "package", so I'm guessing that they are refering to a "discovery package".

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: uCMDB Import from CSV

Yes they are referring to the discovery process that can get and create CIs from a csv file.

You will need a license for it and if you are running with nun BAC 7 version will require MAM installation.

What sort of CIs you need to populate, if it HOST type CIs and you got BAC 7 and SiteScope 9 I can help you, it involve with creating an EMS monitor that will populate the new CIs as HOSTS.

Another option if the list is very limited you can create those CIs manually, it might take time but it will add them to you CMDB.
Valued Contributor

We are importing various CIT like power related equipment, Locations, People, etc.
Valued Contributor

I forgot to say that it's going to be in the 50,000+ CIs. We have around 80,000 employess, 2-3,000 power related devices, and about 100+ locations. So creating them and updating them manually is not really an option. I'm not sure if we are licensed for MAM.
Trusted Contributor

look the best option is to upgrade to BAC 7, then create CIT called personal and via the method I explained populate the CMDB with CIs, later via enrichment you can associate the CIs to be personal CIT.

You can later do it for all CIs you mentioed even 50000 CIs.
Valued Contributor

Unfortunatly upgrading is not an option but thanks for the info.
Valued Contributor

NA
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event