UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

uCMDB Job not getting completed : Timeout

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

uCMDB Job not getting completed : Timeout

[ Edited ]

Hello Experts,

 

   In UCMDB none of the jobs are running successfully all of them are timing out, when i check the communication logs there is a message which reads waiting for probe data connection time out.  I tried to restart the probe and ucmdb server but no progress has been made.  I was thinking it could be heap size issue, but had worked on it longtime back.  If anyone has steps which they followed for a similar issue please keep me updated. 

 

I've followed the below mentioned steps as well, kindly advice if there are any other method not mentioned below :-

 

1.stopped all discovery jobs on uCMDB UI
2. stopped probe service
3. stopped ucmdb service
4. ran clearProbeData.bat on probe server

5. started ucmdb service

6. started probe service
7. checked uCMDB UI that probe shows connected to uCMDB server
8. ran the discovery job

 

Regards,

 

Prem

 

 

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum moderator

3 REPLIES
Frequent Advisor

Re: uCMDB Job not getting completed : Timeout

Hello All,

 

attaching screens, please see if someone can help.

 

Regards,

 

Prem

Valued Contributor

Re: uCMDB Job not getting completed : Timeout

Log on to the discovery probe and check the logs.

Frequent Advisor

Re: uCMDB Job not getting completed : Timeout

The jobs were timing out because lot of issues surrounding probe.  There were lot *.HPROF files getting created on the probe servers and occupying lot of space.  *.HPROF files are bascially java files, followed the following steps as troubleshooting :-

 

1) Removed the Java*.HPROF file(s) 
2) Took the backup of the DDM probe directory.
3) stopped the service(s) of Probe side. 
4) Installed the patch CP8 on uCMDB server and then on the probe side.
5) started the services on the server side and also on the probe side. 
6) services started fine.
7) when I go to uCMDB data flow probe setup it wouldn't show connected to the Probe, it still shows as disconnected. 
8) Still thebizzare issue won't fix in spite of clearing the dataprobe, deleting the *.HPROF files.

 

After installing the patch found that probe_db service has disappeared and also lot of errors on log files which indicated that the DB probe has been corrupted.  After which uninstalled the probe altoghether and reinstalled it, then installed content pack 8 on it.  It started working fine and connection issue between the probe and the server also resolved.  Now when I go back and check the jobs on uCMDB it's completing successfully.

 

Regards,

 

Prem

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event