UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

uCMDB automatic xml report

Occasional Contributor

uCMDB automatic xml report

[ Edited ]

Hi
is it possible generate a xml report of CMDB's CI through a discovery pattern ?
Thanks
Best Regards
Sergio

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: uCMDB automatic xml report

Let me correct you a bit, you mean pattern view and not discovery pattern.

You need to be specific which CIT you want to pick, sure you can pick any CIT and put it inside your pattern view and generate a report, first it will be a massive one 2nd there is no point of creating such a report.

The best practices say that you beter know what you want to see first and later build a pattern view in order to get it.

What sort of data you are looking for, maybe we can help you build it.
Occasional Contributor

I need export the information inside CMDB, for example list of CIT IP. This information will be transfer to anothter application.
A people say to me that was possibile launching a TQL inside a discovery pattern a nd so generate a report. Any other suggestion is accepted.
About the API at moment we had have a lot of problem to use it. The version of uCMDb is 7.01.
Thanks
Sergio
HPE Expert

In case using CMDB API is not an option for you you can create a system report based on a TQL returning what you want, e.g. all IPs. Then you can generate the report in Reports application and select XML Format from an icon on the top right. Save the XML output as desired.
Occasional Visitor

Would there be any way to automate this xml file creation?
I understand how to create reports and run them. But like Sergio I'd like a way to have the execution of this pre-defined report automated.
HPE Expert

You can schedule running the reports through Job Scheduler. Or develop a pattern (much more time consuming task) that will flush out desired XML by utilizing CMDB API.
Occasional Contributor

Although I schedule a report I don't have an automatic xml file. I think the only solution is to use a CMDB API.
Where can I find some documentation about API ? I found only documentation on CMDB 6.5 but I have CMDB 7.1. The information that I found on Reference Information manual aren't complete.
HPE Expert

uCMDB 7.0 Reference Information guide, part IV "HP Universal CMDB API". That is the only official documentation on CMDB API. No other hidden CMDB API documentation exists.
Frequent Advisor

It sounds like the answer to the question is 'No'
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event