UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

uCMDB - get specific info out of Oracle DB

Occasional Visitor

uCMDB - get specific info out of Oracle DB

[ Edited ]

Hello all

first of all, I apologize if this message is not in the correct place. I'm not a uCMDB admin and this is the first time I'm on the new forum. I'm not used to it and I'm a little lost at the moment, the old style was dated but a little bit more clear to me.

Anyway. I'm a Unix system engineer, and I know enough SQL to get data out of Oracle. However I do not know uCMDB and there's a lot of tables in there!

Here's what I'd like to figure out (consider all settings default, like user, table names etc) :

- in which user/table/column can I find the latest discovered info on a host?

- OS (I'm only interested in Unix/Linux hosts)

- purpose (Oracle / SAP / ...)

It might be a broad question, I don't know.

Thank you for the assistance either way!

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News . - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: uCMDB - get specific info out of Oracle DB

You are on the wrong track. You are NOT supposed to search any info in DB tables directly. UCMDB DB tables structure is not exposed to customers. The correct way to extract any info out of UCMDB (apart from UI, of course) is using UCMDB API (Web Service API or Java API).

Occasional Visitor

Re: uCMDB - get specific info out of Oracle DB

Hi Dmitry

thank you for your reply. I'll only be doing selects, only reading. I have no use for writing to any DB and I'm limited to shell scripting so I can use SQL easily.

Using a JAVA api is, according to me, like shooting a mosquito with a canon. Too much for what I need. I need just one (granted, probably long) select statement to get some info. The uCMDB is the most up-to-date source so it would be nice to get up-to-date info.

I'm willing to have a look at the java API (I'll look, but if anyone can provide a link that would be nice), however I'm hoping someone is still willing to help me out here with the SQL/tables I need.

In my view, it's still just a database and I'm not killing anyone by making a simple select.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event