UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ucmdb discovery issues

Advisor

ucmdb discovery issues

[ Edited ]

It looks like our server ranges and credentials were deleted when I applied patch 8.06. I've added them back in and when I run discovery it's failing saying "credentials id xxxx was not found in Protocol Dictionary Manager". Any one know how to fix this?

 

 

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: ucmdb discovery issues

credentials_id is an attribute of shell/agent CIs (SSH, Telnet, NTCMD, WMI etc.) related to host CIs. So I guess the way to fix it is to remove all the shell/agent CIs and rerun Host Connection by XXX jobs.
Advisor

Re: ucmdb discovery issues

Thanks Dmitry, I'll give that a try.
Valued Contributor

Re: ucmdb discovery issues

Hi Dimitry,

Is removing the shell/wmi objects solution.

Running the host connections by xxx should update the credentails_id attribute with the latest available right.

Can you please clarify.
HPE Expert

Re: ucmdb discovery issues

>>>Running the host connections by xxx should update the credentails_id attribute with the latest available right.

Correct. This is the idea.
Regular Advisor

Re: ucmdb discovery issues

Hi,

 

I cannot find this attribute when I check the Shell CI on CI Type manager. I'm trying to troubleshoot the below error:

 

<log start="16:44:47" severity="debug">credentials id 187_1_CMS was not found in Protocol Dictionary Manager</log>
<log start="16:44:47" severity="debug">VMware VIM: Operation failed.</log>

 

I will be deleting the WMI agent and re-discovering the CIs and hopefully that fixes the issue.

 

Thanks,

praveen

 

 

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event