5093 Online
108777 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Attendant console

duschmol
Occasional Contributor

Attendant console

Hello,

I connect my console, I add his mac and connect with a phone, but the console doesn't work. And the red led flash every 30 sec. ?

It's the first time I install a console on a VCX, Can someone help me ?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Kavz
Advisor

Re: Attendant console

are you using DHCP option 184?

sindibade_1
Advisor

if you use dhcp with option184, it's suffisent to setup the attend console tcp/ip parameters,

you must provision correctly a fixe the mac address for IP Phones for phone extension that must be releted to attend console and setup a association with the extension phone;

and then it's must be work after ten second after startup.

Certified VCX IP Telephony and LAN Enterprise Expert
3Com VCX Enterprise Expert, 3Com Enterprise LAN Expert, HP AIS Network Infrastructure 2011, CCNA R&S, CCNA Voice, CCDA
Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

the switch port in which is conected the attendant console, in what port link type it has to be? hybrid or access mode, and when the telephony  it's working with DHCP the attendant could take it's information like the phones or it has to be static.

Occasional Visitor

Also I believe only the 3105 attendant console model works with the new VCX system.  We had 1105's and would not work so having to buy 3105's.

Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

I found this but i want to know if it works, and if when you are updating the database, Is the telephony working?

HP VCX - 3105 Attendant Consoles do not Work with VCX 9.5.13

migrated from 3Com Knowledgebase
Title :
VCX - 3105 Attendant Consoles dont work with VCX 9.5.13
Software/Firmware Version :
Products :
3CRC200A - 3Com(r) VCX(r) Connect 200 IP Communications Platform 3CRC201A - 3Com(r) VCX(r) Connect 200 Optional Redundant Secondary Server 3CRC200B - 3Com(r) VCX(r) Connect 200 IP Communications Platform 3CRV6000A-09 - 3Com(r) V6000 Integrated Branch Communications Platform 3CRVH6100TM9L - 3Com(r) V6100 Integrated Branch Communications Platform 3CRV7005A-09 - 3Com(r) V7005 Series Server Applications Platform 3CRV7205A-09 - 3Com(r) V7205 Series Server Applications Platform 3CRVH701796E - 3Com(r) VCX V7005 Series Server 7.1 3CRVH722096A - 3Com(r) VCX V7205 Series Server 7.1 3CRVH701696D - 3Com(r) V7310 Series IP Conferencing Server 7.1
Symptom :
3105 Attendant Consoles will load and register from a VCX, but none of the button maps, speed dials, BLFs, etc. will work.
Fix :
Please execute the following steps on the VCX:
  1. putty into the VCX as root
  2. Switch user to cworks:
    #su - cworks
  3. Execute the command to get DB name:
    #cd /opt/3com/VCX/vcxdata/bin #./listVcxdata
    For example:
    Copyright (C) 2009 3Com Corporation, All rights reserved.VCXDATAV54#09002021 VCXDATA Schema Count: 1 SUCCESS: VCXDATA Schema Instances Found
    exit from cworks
  4. Go into sqlplus
    #su - oracle #sqlplus /nolog connect /as sysdba update VCXDATAV54#09002021.code_device_type set description = '3105 DSSBLF' where dev_type_id=1056; commit; (if it returns the message that ANY rows were updated, you MUST type commit; and press enter to save the change for each system) (repeat this command for any other schemas you see in listVcxdata)
    exit
  5. Reboot of the phones and the attendant console may be required to allow the button mappings to be updated.
Cause :
The VCX database is improperly provisioned regarding the 3105 attendant consoles.
Frequent Advisor

Could anyone help me?

the IP Address was succesfully configured  on the attendant console, the firmware was upgraded  and  now accept VCX commands, I have added the mac address of the attendant on VCX devices and match with the phone of the operator, but the attendant console does not transfer or calling any of the extensions on button mapping.

I see the CLI of the attendant and it seems it's working, but the VCX can't interpret the signals that sends the console.

I found this but i want to be sure that it works, and i will not have problems with the telephony. Can i do this while the telephony service it is working?

HP VCX - 3105 Attendant Consoles do not Work with VCX 9.5.13

migrated from 3Com Knowledgebase
Title :
VCX - 3105 Attendant Consoles dont work with VCX 9.5.13
Software/Firmware Version :
Products :
3CRC200A - 3Com(r) VCX(r) Connect 200 IP Communications Platform 3CRC201A - 3Com(r) VCX(r) Connect 200 Optional Redundant Secondary Server 3CRC200B - 3Com(r) VCX(r) Connect 200 IP Communications Platform 3CRV6000A-09 - 3Com(r) V6000 Integrated Branch Communications Platform 3CRVH6100TM9L - 3Com(r) V6100 Integrated Branch Communications Platform 3CRV7005A-09 - 3Com(r) V7005 Series Server Applications Platform 3CRV7205A-09 - 3Com(r) V7205 Series Server Applications Platform 3CRVH701796E - 3Com(r) VCX V7005 Series Server 7.1 3CRVH722096A - 3Com(r) VCX V7205 Series Server 7.1 3CRVH701696D - 3Com(r) V7310 Series IP Conferencing Server 7.1
Symptom :
3105 Attendant Consoles will load and register from a VCX, but none of the button maps, speed dials, BLFs, etc. will work.
Fix :
Please execute the following steps on the VCX:
  1. putty into the VCX as root
  2. Switch user to cworks:
    #su - cworks
  3. Execute the command to get DB name:
    #cd /opt/3com/VCX/vcxdata/bin #./listVcxdata
    For example:
    Copyright (C) 2009 3Com Corporation, All rights reserved.VCXDATAV54#09002021 VCXDATA Schema Count: 1 SUCCESS: VCXDATA Schema Instances Found
    exit from cworks
  4. Go into sqlplus
    #su - oracle #sqlplus /nolog connect /as sysdba update VCXDATAV54#09002021.code_device_type set description = '3105 DSSBLF' where dev_type_id=1056; commit; (if it returns the message that ANY rows were updated, you MUST type commit; and press enter to save the change for each system) (repeat this command for any other schemas you see in listVcxdata)
    exit
  5. Reboot of the phones and the attendant console may be required to allow the button mappings to be updated.
Cause :
The VCX database is improperly provisioned regarding the 3105 attendant consoles.
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Yes, that procedure should be followed to get the Attendant Consoles to function in VCX 9.5.13. It should not cause any other IP Telephony issues if followed correctly. Call processing will continue to function normally while that procedure is carried out.

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Sorry for replying to an older message, but will DB Update Commands from Inge work on a VCX Connect @ version 8.0.4e? 

I ran

"#su - oracle #sqlplus /nolog connect /as sysdba update VCXDATAV54#09002021.code_device_type set description = '3105 DSSBLF' where dev_type_id=1056; commit;" and also "#su - oracle #sqlplus /nolog connect /as sysdba update VCXDATAV54#09002021.code_device_type set description = '3105 DSSBLF' where dev_type_id=1056;"

but I'm only getting the sqlplus command options on that version.

John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor

Hi Nintendo1889,

No, the commands posted by Igne do NOT work on VCX Connect 8.0.4e. That version has no known issues with attendant consoles. If the attendant consoles are configured properly, then they should function normally.