5140 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Callp doesn't manage priority between to end point

adiltaleb
Advisor

Callp doesn't manage priority between to end point

Hi All,

I'm runing 2 all in one VCX server 7.1.16c and i use 2 End points on the regional site : V7122 with 2 span and VegaStream 6x4 /24 FXO ports.

I have config the both gw us trusted and point and i have assigne a priority 1 to Vega FXO and priority 2 to V7122.

At evry time The callp route calls to the seconde endpoint (7122) such that there is no calls on Vega Stream.

When i disable the second endpoint V7122, callp route calls to the first Vega FXO.

Can you tell me why the callp doesn't reorganise the priority?

Many thanks.

Adil

This message was edited by adiltaleb on 2-19-09 @ 3:41 PM
Certified 3Com Enterprise LAN Exper/ IP Telephony VCX Expert
6 REPLIES 6
alanapr
Advisor

G'day, the VCX does recognise the priority, there is a bug unfortunately, however there is a work around, create a dummy endpoint, set the IP address to something that doesn't exist like 1.1.1.1 add this endpoint to your route with a lower priority than everything else, I usually use 9. This will fix the issue, the VCX will attempt the dummy first and then it will route properly via the priority. I believe this has been reported to 3Com for a fix.

adiltaleb
Advisor

I don't think that is a problem of priority, because i have the same config on another plateforme but the only difference is i use the same type of gateways pon this.

If i will use a virtual end point type gateway with 1.1.1.1 such ip address, the callp try to route the call to this endpoint, i think that firstly that will take emouth time to replay and it's can genarate an ankown cause to pass to the second endpoint.

Scott Reeve

Callp has decided that the endpoint put in as #2 is "more alive" than the endpoint put in as #1, so it automatically re-ordered the endpoints and put #2 at the top of the list.

It only re-orders them at run-time like this if ALL of the endpoints in the route are of type Gateway.

So make sure that the extra endpoint you put in does not have a type of Gateway. "Terminal" type is the best for this workaround.

So yes, put in (with like an order of 9) an endpoint of 1.2.3.4 with type=Terminal and it will then go with the provisioned order always.

adiltaleb
Advisor

i, if i understend good, you tell me that i must change the type of endpoints from gateway to terminal and i conserve the same priority. and that will work fine?

My config is very simple:

v7122 TYPE GATEWAY PRIORITY 2

VEGASTREAM TYPE GATEWAY PRIORITY 1

if both endpoint are active. the callp route every call to the second endpoint "with priority 2".

if i disable the route for the second endpoint " with priority 2", it route call to the gateway with priority 1.

This message was edited by adiltaleb on 3-15-09 @ 7:39 AM
Telephony
Advisor

Add a 3rd endpoint to that mix. Make it a Terminal...not a gateway. Give it IP of 1.1.1.1 .

Then put it in as sort order 3 in your route.

The problem is there is a bug where the "last registered" endpoint will take priority over the sort order. This is a bug and has been reported to 3Com for a fix in future builds.

The work around is adding the dumb terminal which will render the registration problem moot and cause sort order to work properly.

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Could someone please point me to the hp/3com knowledgebase article for this bug?