5372 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Huntgroup calls do not follow coverage path

soxcamp12
Contributor

Huntgroup calls do not follow coverage path

I've setup a huntgroup as follows caller->hg3200->ext->3201->mobile number

hg3200 is a calling group and rings for 30 seconds, ext 3201 rings for 10 seconds before it's coverage sends calls off to a mobile number.

Behaviour is, HG phones all ring, then ext 3201 rings but the call then goes to Vmail box 3200 which is used for out of office hours, the call never makes it to the coverage path for 3201's extension.

Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers, Soxcamp
Cheers, Soxcamp
1 REPLY 1
alanapr
Advisor

Re: Huntgroup calls do not follow coverage path

I've seen this one too, with the help of support we found out that huntgroups have call fallback enabled by default, so when the coverage point in your example 3201 tries to transfer the call to the coverage point the huntgroup pulls the call back to voicemail.

Support advised that there was no way to turn call fall back off for huntgroups, however a work around was to have the call pass through phantom ext first. So to get you huntgroup flow to work you would create a fake or phantom ext such as 3000 which has call coverage or universal call forward configured to goto your huntgroup at 3200 and your flow would be

call->3000->3200->3201->mobile number

I've found this to work extremely well. The added bonus is this gives you very easy control over call flow for time specific operations, as you setup the call coverage for 1 or 2 seconds, and create a different coverage rule for each of needs.

hope this helps.