VM Explorer Practitioner Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MS Azure setup

Occasional Visitor

MS Azure setup

Trying to configure the Azure target

The setup only asks for the account name which i assume is the azure "storage account name" and a license key which I assume is the azure "Key 1"

I use a proxy for external access.

When I go to set it up I cant get beyond the "test connection" phase. Port 80 and 443 are open which are Azure requirements.

Does this Integration support a proxy connection?

3 REPLIES

Re: MS Azure setup

Hello,

Please help us with some screenshots which shows the error.

FYI: In the "Connection Settings" page, you need to enter the "Account Name" And "Account Key". These information can be obtained from https://portal.azure.com -> Storage Account. Here you can get the Name and The Key. With these info in place you can proceed further for Azure Configuration. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sandeep

Occasional Visitor

Yes I did enter the account name and key1 on my azure storage account, i also have created a blob container under that account.

My question was does VMX 6.2.001 support a target cloud device through a proxy server? I am thinking it does not.

Data Protector had the same issue and they added a omnirc variable to recognize the proxy server.

Hello,

In our environment we use proxy to connect externally. I have tested the same and able to get positive result. It is not possible to configure a proxy in VM Explorer but if the proxy is configured in the machine running VM Explorer it should work

Proxy Configuration In BrowserProxy Configuration In BrowserAccount Name and Key1Account Name and Key1Test ConnectionTest Connection

Please help us with the logs to analyze the cause of the issue.

In the Web Interface, go to "admin" -> "Settings" -> "Support" and click to "Generate New Debug Report". Download the zip file and provide it to us.

Ref: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/dn469331.aspx

Regards,

Sandeep